It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 23:32

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 4 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 26 Apr 2018, 01:16 

kassan,
Things are getting better and better. I still have to buy a calibration disc to fix color/noise issues, but tweaking the settings is resulting in a better image day by day. It already far surpasses my HDQ/Mosquito for picture quality on most metrics. Never had LD looking better!

There is a swamp of settings, but I am used to that with the HDQ/Mosquito. But like with those, I tend to slowly dial in my favorite settings over time. Last night, I had to drop the 2D/3D noise reduction a bit when I was seeing trails of 3 faces when the person moved really fast. It also very slightly improved detail (which temporal noise reduction is apt to remove if on too high).

There's really no telltale "digital" signs to the picture unless you turn all settings on high or run the Darbee enhancer.

Post subject: Re: Samples??
Posted: 18 Nov 2018, 02:55 

I'm sure you can remove the sticker or leave it, won't change the value too much if at all.
I would remove as nobody could ever tell the difference anyway.

The PIONEER "SAMPLE" stickers are not that easy to remove, very strong adhesive & unless the cover is clear film laminated (very few of the Japanese LD covers are) it is likely to leave a telltale circle of sticker residue or a raised area where the sticker was or worse.

I have not removed any sample stickers that are on any LDs that I have but have seen a few where the stickers have been removed & they were all pretty messy, basically ruined the covers.

I would advise leaving them as is though if it is an issue perhaps a little heat to soften the adhesive with a solvent (isopropyl or similar might do the job) to aid removal may prove less damaging but is it worth the risk of damage or staining to the cover?

Not that it matters to me as I do not have many (any?) so called high value LDs but I agree that it will not affect the value at all & given that the stickers were applied over 20 years ago now at the very least perhaps best to leave them as is.

Cheers.

Post subject: Re: Samples??
Posted: 18 Nov 2018, 19:41 

:sick: Acetone would also remove the paint or ink on the covers.

Lighter fluid will only remove with lots of rubbing, but I'm sure any chemical will do the same with too much rubbing.

Post subject: Re: Macross memorial boxes
Posted: 08 Apr 2019, 02:08 

Mine never had a booklet, lets see what Forper says.

The Plus 1 disc has all the extras with an insert.
I guess the extras disc is instead of the booklet???

I have exactly what is pictured in that auction but that PLUS disc should have an insert, I don't know how you would ask???
Also its not a hard set to find and those inner sleeves are pretty worn to me.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 4 matches ]