It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 02:35

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 435 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 06 Sep 2022, 15:03 

Just the center metal mech. The entire assembly sits on a large spring, and you can tilt it by applying slight pressure to plate above Side B. This is an adjustment not found on later players, outlined in the first part of step four.

For centering, you can use a CD. The adjustment for Side A is horizontal. A scope makes it much easier, but you can do it by ear with tilt on and tracking off. I would check the above first.

Post subject: Re: [CLD-M301] No Power On!
Posted: 06 Sep 2022, 16:20 

do I need to use any kind of protection device for the transformer, I want to see if I got any kind of voltage from the secondary legs.

When you tell me about the thermal fuse, this is inside the transformer?
You need protection for yourself, but there is a lot of information out there on how to test transformers.

A lot of the schematics around this era show the fuse connects primary leg 5 to 6. You can see what are likely the legs of it in your photo. You probably will not be able to replace it since it is within the transformer, and jumping the fuse is a fire hazard .

Assuming a thermal fuse melted, you need to find out what caused it.

Post subject: Hardware/Parts Shop
Posted: 13 Sep 2022, 14:56 

Would the ability to list remotes and spare parts make sense?

It could be as simple as a "Part #" field and a "Description" field. If not, maybe a hardware/parts WTB/WTS/WTT forum? I have an absurd amount of parts.

Posted: 29 Feb 2024, 00:49 

krbahr wrote:
The problem I've commonly found is the worm gear that tilts the mechanical assembly breaks, no parts available if that is your issue.

This.

"Tilt shaft assembly"
DXB1118 is the original part number, DXB1533 the new part number and both are NLA.

Attachment:
DXB1533.jpg

Posted: 10 Apr 2024, 05:34 

krbahr wrote:
Just put in a disc that doesn't work, flip it to side B and add pressure to the right to see if it starts up and if it doesn't then add pressure to the left. If it works with pressure added then the centering is out of proper adjustment.

Posted: 10 Apr 2024, 05:39 

https://www.servicemanuals.net/en/PANAS ... ice-Manual

Post subject: Re: Laser Rot
Posted: 10 Apr 2024, 06:41 

It would be interesting to collect mint marks when reporting rot to see if any trend can be established.
Page 18 of 18 [ Search found 435 matches ]