It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 02:15

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 4 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 26 Jul 2019, 01:00 

Oh man, if I had it you would be buying it for 400.
I've seen some copies on ebay. Your other option is Yahoo Japan.

Posted: 02 Aug 2019, 20:29 

I buy random Looney Toon LDs whenever I can get them cheap. They are some of the most rewarding LDs I have and my four year old loves them as much as my grandpa did when they hit the theaters 60-70 years ago. Looney Toons are basically the best thing ever.

Posted: 11 Sep 2019, 17:24 

I tried this once before and it worked out, so why not do it again? XP

There's only one Laserdisc left I'm absolutely dying to have right now that I cannot find and that is Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie (1999) [LSTD01554] from Toei Video.

You must have tens of thousands of LDs.
Or maybe s/he just has a very narrow field of interests. I mean, my "must have" list is only maybe a dozen titles long.

Posted: 17 Nov 2020, 14:17 

Hi,

A while back I purchased a Sony MSC 4000 Muse decoder that I acquired very cheaply on eBay which similarly had all front panel leds functioning when powered up but other than that was as dead as a dodo. Your devices date from the exact same era and indeed have a very similar styling and could well be just suffering from some bad capacitors which turned out to be the case with my MSC 4000, I believe Sonys from this period in time were notorious for this problem. I got mine into a local electronics expert and even though he'd never worked on a Muse decoder previously managed nevertheless to bring it back to good health again. I was charged just £40 for the work! Is there not anyone local to you that could perform the same? Good luck!

Hey there! I notice you too own a Pioneer HLD-X9, so I guess that makes us fraternal brothers. ^^

The problem is, I've gone to several of these repairmen. One's a crook, two are incompetent, and the other is admittedly untested, but is so busy, I can't afford to wait on him.

Let's focus on the crook first. He wanted $650 to make it "repairable." In Layman's terms, I would give him $650, he would see if he could actually get it to a watchable state, and if he couldn't, I don't get a penny back. And this is after I put down a $60 deposit for the estimate in the first place, which I don't get back either. Outrageous, isn't it.

Then there's this other guy who estimated it for free, but he kept it in his shop for months with no update. He would never answer the phone, I'd always have to drive across town to find anything out, and eventually, he just told me he couldn't fix it. Thanks for wasting my time. The other incompetent guy at least told me the same day, within a couple of hours that it was out of his scope to fix.

There is one more guy I could have given it to, but I'd rather cut my losses, get rid of these two junkers and buy a fresher unit. I actually did bid on one two weeks ago and won, but because of the high cost, it's pending payment.

https://i.imgur.com/fYUjcKo.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/8yIj7gm.jpg

Seems legit to me, but you never know. In any case, I wasn't lying when I said I could use the money.

Greetings brother :wave:

Ah right, that's really not a good situation then.....and here's naive me thinking that its only here that the rip-off merchants thrive! I reckon I'm really lucky then to have this repairman who doesn't even charge for estimates be based within 20 miles of me. I just hope for you that this 3rd player is healthy when it arrives, bad caps really do seem to be a common problem more than anything else, if I were you though I'd still be tempted to hold out for this last repair guy in the hope that he can do something positive at a reasonable cost. Hopefully if you do get a buyer on eBay then its problem solved though I'll just add that my broken MSC 4000 didn't attract any interest when I attempted to sell it on even offered for a pittance, hence me eventual taking the repair approach. Hoping it all works out well in the end for you :thumbup:
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 4 matches ]