It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 00:36

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 9 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Re: AC-3 RF specification?
Posted: 29 Jun 2021, 14:12 

I came into this forum to basically post this exact thread.

I was hoping to find some information on the AC3 RF signal. Like the frequency it operates on, etc.

I'm an embedded firmware developer, and I wanted to look into building my own demodulator with a few cheap parts like say an AVR (Not sure if they're fast enough -- might need to go ARM) plus some RF and SPDIF modules. The problem is I just can't seem to find the required technical documentation on the AC3 RF signal itself.

In theory, I should be able to convert the RF signal into a bitstream and send it out over SPDIF relatively easily. In theory. I'll see if theory matches up with reality if I can get my hands on specs. :lol:

If I'm able to come up with a solution, I'd be happy to share the information and even source code with others who could build their own. Hopefully with just a dirt-cheap Arduino board and a couple other bits. I could utterly fail, as RF isn't one of my areas of expertise, but I'd at least like to give it a try.

$200+ on eBay just to get AC3 surround from a Laserdisc is insane.

I'm wondering if the details are too well-kept of a secret to pull this off.

If you find anything about "software decoding" AC3-RF that would also be very helpful for ld-decode. See: https://github.com/happycube/ld-decode/issues/622

Posted: 21 Jul 2021, 19:20 

Just wanna say thanks for the instructions. I replaced C116 on a dead DVL-919 and temporarily bridged the blown P612 and it works again. I now ordered new fuses then hopefully everything will be OK again.

Posted: 08 Nov 2022, 22:37 

el.pablo wrote:
Does anyone have one to sell or know where I can get one? Thanks.

In the US? Not anymore. I saw one on ebay Kleinanzeigen in Germany.

Post subject: Fitto Karaoke Boxes
Posted: 09 Jan 2023, 11:59 

I found something interesting I couldn't find any information for.

Fitto Karaoke Boxes

I got two filled with various Hong Kong Karaoke discs (not only from Fitto). I don't know if those came pre-filled or could be bought separately. One came with a catalog / song list for Fitto LAV 8001 to 8030.

IMG_3164S.JPG

IMG_3163S.JPG

Posted: 25 Mar 2023, 21:43 

That's not so uncommon.

Werner - Beinhart! (1990) [51397]

The first comment says, there is a second cover version. That's correct, I do have both. And this is not the only one.

Posted: 27 Mar 2023, 20:59 

There are even worse things: Same cover, same catalog number but one version in full screen, one in widescreen. So different content here. The ONLY difference is a sticker on the later one.
Lethal Weapon (1987) [11709 LD]

Or here where there are two covers but to know if you have the "fixed" version of the disc, you have to look at the mint marks.
Eagles: Hell Freezes Over (1994) [ID4065GF]

Posted: 06 Oct 2023, 14:54 

I had another look at the player and there are more adjustment points. I slightly increased some of the potentiometers and now have a decent image. I could also revert the three settings i previously changed to get a picture to their original state. So nothing is maxed out now.

Sound is also there now.

I don't know how good the image should look. I get some shadows on the Japanese subs but it is still a old analog medium not a Blu-Ray.

It's absolutely worth not giving up on such a well-build machine. It'll go back to storage now nevertheless. I won't keep the setup for just one disc.

Posted: 13 Oct 2023, 07:56 

Yes

Posted: 18 Feb 2024, 11:57 

It's a shame @laserdisc.ws doesn't want to provide any pictures or information. Such a rare piece should be shared with the community.

I was also following the various auctions on HD MAC and other rare discs but I won't spent a few hundred $ just to have such an item without a player.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 9 matches ]