It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 18:20

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 4 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 01 Jan 2022, 20:57 

I know this is an old thread but I found it when trying to find a solution for the very same problem. My HLD-X9 has had a small piece missing in the same section for some time, but a few days ago another piece broke loose and loading/unloading didn't work anymore. I fixed it by printing a small plastic part to replace the end of the rail. Works fine so far. The tray is made from ABS so I printed using ABS too, so no glue required: dissolving the two surfaces with acetone makes a great bond.
broken.jpg
removed.jpg
replacement in place.jpg
sanded.jpg

Posted: 21 Sep 2022, 16:30 

I was investigating that possibility too.

Very short answer: no. :(

Short answer: yes, but doesn't worth it. :eh:

Long answer: depends on the device what you can extract from it. :roll:
For example, the Sony SAU-500MN has 3 three main ICs. (And SAU-300MN too - but i don't have that one to confirm, but these two seem very very similar, if not the same).
Simplified: one for MUSE audio, one for MUSE processing, one for HD->NTSC format conversion (zoom/wide/full) and downscaling (1 NTSC line is produced using 5 neighboring lines from the MUSE signal).
From the MUSE signal processor IC (CXD2020) to the NTSC format conversion IC (CXD2021) the luminance and chrominance signals are transmitted via two 8-bit digital channels. This one chroma signal contains both B/R multiplexed. So you would need to build some custom signal processing to make it into a HD component signal. It is not impossible, but requires probably lots of effort and additional devices. Doesn't really worth it unless you enjoy hacking with it, it's much easier to get a MUSE decoder with HD component output. Also the "quality of decoding" is lower in M-N converters, because in order to save costs some image processing were omitted (e.g. anti-aliasing, and interpolation only in the same field to save VRAM, possibly losing some horizontal resolution too), which may be OK for the final NTSC output on an SD display, but maybe noticeable when using a HD signal with HD display. So even if you manage to convert the Y+C output of the CXD2020 into something useful, you'll possibly get a lower quality (due to the lack of some post processing/filtering) image than from a "real" MUSE decoder.
Possibly this is (partly) true for M-N converters made by other manufacturers too.

An easy thing to try is to get the SD component signal before the NTSC encoder IC (CXA1219). It's still SD but can be a bit better than NTSC. Maybe also doesn't worth hacking with it.

One thing that would be interesting to me: Is it possible to get the HD component signal out of a MUSE - NTSC Converter? I have one but of course I would like to get a HD signal (once I find a Hi-Vision LD for a decent price). If it is a two-step process - first decoding, then downsampling - it could be possible.

Posted: 13 Oct 2023, 22:48 

Yes, I have seen this once before. If you can find the piece in the player take a soldering iron or other hot iron, place the piece in position and on the back side smear across the crack melting the plastic but the inside or front side needs to stay smooth. I've had this work

Otherwise the US Models CLD-D503/703/704/79/99 trays will work but they are black in color. I have extra's I could sell you but the shipping may be too expensive. Otherwise the Japanese S9 and I believe the CLD-D99 have the same color tray as yours. You have to swap the front of your tray onto the replacement. Even the Pioneer $80 new tray does not come with the front face.

The X9 tray is Pioneer part number VXA2311

At least the one from the CLD-D704 will NOT work as the insert for the CDs will block the disc holder from moving up. And you can't remove the insert as some of the gear tooth are on there.

The 704 tray does work. I just take pliers and break out the 3 inch disc ring and then it works fine.

Posted: 20 Feb 2024, 14:38 

Wouldn't it be better to move HD-MAC LDs to the LaserDisc category like MUSE? These are LaserDiscs, after all. You use the HD-MAC logo on the boxes as the logo.

True, tagging them as HDVS or MUSE must have hurt Europe's feelings ;-)

https://www.lddb.com/images/video/hdmac.png

Added HD MAC video standard... a new video standard on LD doesn't come very often!

https://www.lddb.com/search.php?adv_search=*&adv_reference=&video=13

BTS.jpg

https://vimeo.com/511141213

Julien
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 4 matches ]