It is currently 15 Dec 2019, 18:52

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 10 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 10 May 2019, 19:10 

try also to search for laZer disc (with the z) and "big dvd" (no joke)

Posted: 12 Jun 2019, 11:54 

So I tested a few more discs to see if it happen again, and yes it has happened on all of the discs I've tested, but I managed to capture the effect quite clearly on camera on one of them (because on this one it was quite big).

20190611_103228.jpg

I know it can't be the discs, They all were playing great on my 925.

I've also thought about dirt or other stuff inside the player, haven't opened to see if there is any yet but will check (don't worry, I ain't touching anything this time, open, look, close, that's it)
You are saying not to clean lens with alcohol, why is that, and so what to use (just to know), I never have cleaned an LD player lens before.

Anyway, thanks for your advises.

Posted: 15 Jun 2019, 16:59 

Finally got my eyes on City Hunter : Shinjuku Private Eyes.
I was lucky enough to have a theater (the only one) in my town showing it in original version with subs (only one screening on Thursday) so I jumped on the occasion, and boy, was it worth the wait !
Let's be honest, the movie is quite far from perfect but it was a real pleasure all along, the sound and picture were great, at every music or character appearance, we were all cheering like fanboys, it probably was the best time I ever had in a theater.
So if you have the occasion (and like City Hunter, but seriously, who doesn't ?) go see it !

Posted: 13 Sep 2019, 12:49 

If I'm not mistaken, the components output on the DVL series (919 and 909) are only for dvd output, not LD.
From what I can see, your screen is a crt, so if the player is already plugged using composite, I don't think you can get a much better picture than what you have (maybe try using s-video to compare and use which you prefer). Although, while the DVL serie isn't renowned for their picture quality, maybe the laser itself isn't in a great shape and might need some cleaning and/or a proper calibration (for which I can't really help since I don't know much on that) or is just used from years of service.

Posted: 17 Sep 2019, 10:37 

Now, who wants to win a trip to 90's Hollywood ? :lol:

https://image.noelshack.com/minis/2019/38/2/1568712544-tripdiscf.png
https://image.noelshack.com/minis/2019/38/2/1568711386-tripdiscb.png

While reading through this thread, I remembered that one of my LD had some promotional items in it. The one above is a disc sized flyer advert for a contest to win a trip to Hollywood.
All you had to do was fill in some stuff about how you discovered LD, why do you think it's superior etc...
But also answer some real hard questions on the bottom left like : "who is the director of The Thing ? a)John Boorman b)John Carpenter c)John Wayne"

The second one is a promotional flyer to subscribe to the french magazine " Les Années Laser "

https://image.noelshack.com/minis/2019/38/2/1568711391-annelaserf.png
https://image.noelshack.com/minis/2019/38/2/1568711394-annelaserb.png

There is nothing really noteworthy about LDs or the magazine on it, it's just that there is a nice and sexy Miss Laserdisc on the back
https://image.noelshack.com/minis/2019/38/2/1568711396-missld.png
I just find it funny to have a Laserdisc serves as hat, I'm waiting on a cosplay of her :D

Global announcement   Jump to topic

Posted:  

Posted: 08 Oct 2019, 15:35 

Just received City Hunter 2 Vol.1 and 3

Attachment:
LDSaebaMecompr.jpg

Thanks Julien.

Posted: 28 Oct 2019, 17:19 

Just watched Toy Story 4 today, only one word...atrocious.

Posted: 02 Nov 2019, 00:21 

I know that no company at all actually support any real ideology. But the fact is that the trending movements these days are feminsm/sjw/lgbtqalphatango and all the other degeneracy that this world as crumbled to. And Disney, by not wanting to be politically incorrect with the fear of not earning potential money, are pushing this agenda, just see all their marvel/star wars, etc... they all have somthing that is in adequation with those movement, "put an incompetant woman with colored hair as a starship commander here" "here, make a movie only about black heroes" "oh and don't forget to make this character gay or queer, or cast a queer actoressess". Even if it's just for money, they are pushing it, and there is some semblance of it in toy story 4.

Posted: 02 Nov 2019, 09:01 

Any company as big as Disney will support anything that makes them grow and suppress anything that doesn’t.
That's basically what I meant by what I said, they don't give any f**k to any cause unless there is money they can milk on it.

Your post is free fake Feminist advertising for Disney.
How is my post where I basically s**t over the movie, and tell it's filled with crap propaganda an advertising, I mean if you want to see it after what I said, you got a serious problem indeed.
Also I didn't paid any money to see it, I only lost time on this movie (and also "arguing" with you)

In crappy kids cartoons Toy Story, a crappy kid cartoon ? ok, then...

I don't despise woman alright, despite what you seem to believe, "macho bro jackoff", "incels" (wow, they really like using this one to describe any un-supportive person of this kind of movement), so in any case, thanks for the free insults, and thanks for showing us your true self.
Now it's time for this to end.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 10 matches ]