It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 09:01

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 32 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 15 Jun 2020, 18:06 

Yeah I saw their presentation. Mostly forgetable and the console looks like a wifi router, but to go back to the "digital edition" as they call it. The console might be cheaper, but it'll be more expensive in the long run because of the games and I think that is the goal for sony, getting more in the long run.

First, games on digital stores (especially on consoles) are more expensive than their physical counterpart. AAA games msrp, for exemple, are 70$(or even more for some) at launch but from experience, you can get them for 60 or even 50 in some places.

Also the fact that they get cheaper real quick, physical copies tend to drop to 40-30$ generally around 6 months after launch where as on digital stores, the game can retain its price for even a few years.
All of this plus the second hand market, where you can get really sweat deals

And to me, without the physical market, consoles lose the only adventage they still had over pc. That the game were yours and you could resell it, you could hand it to a friend and what not.
But with where this is going, I really can't see a single reason to get a console.

Posted: 22 Aug 2020, 10:03 

There's a pretty interesting hour long documentary that came out on Youtube about The LaserActive and it's story.
I thought it could be interesting to some of you so here it is.

Posted: 26 Aug 2020, 21:47 

That's a hard one, but I'll be unoriginal and choose a Star Wars anyway, Episode 3 it will be.
First, well it's episode 3 and it's the best one.
Secondly, I'm quite curious as to what a digitally shot movie would look like on an analogue format such as the Laserdisc.
Also, since we're here to dream a little, I'd like to have it in a french DTS version :)

And of course, a nice gatefold cover.
Episode 3compr.jpg

Posted: 27 Aug 2020, 08:43 

My issue is mostly the same as gypsy said, availability.
But even then, if something I want is available to buy, it'll probably be just to expensive for me anyway.
Plus the shipping cost, wich always seems to make the total I pay to at least double. :(

I'm more interested in anime at the moment, especially boxsets,
and I'd like to own several ones like the Initial D ones or anything City Hunter for example.

Post subject: Dark Theme
Posted: 07 Oct 2020, 11:49 

How about a dark theme for the site and forum ? didn't found any past requests for it and don't know if it would be easy for you to ad Julien, but I'd like to have one for all those late night (or early morning) reading so our eyes aren't so tired about it.
Does any one else would like to have as well ?
Page 2 of 2 [ Search found 32 matches ]