It is currently 19 Jan 2022, 18:10

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 3 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 27 Oct 2021, 12:37 

The LC8904Q is selective through serial control to have pin 1 output the data on the inputs directly. Pin 35 is a demodulated format. You could use an i2s to spdif converter to derive the signal or figure some way to set the chip to output spdif on pin 1. I don't have a schematic for the DP870 to see what they're utilizing pin 1 for. It's possible they're using it for another purpose I will say that the Rotel units are super easy to modify with a digital out.

Post subject: Re: Pioneer HM-D101
Posted: 28 Oct 2021, 03:27 

The Pioneer decoder on ebay is mine. $2000 is the "it's for sale for the right price." Don't know why the listing is for parts or not working and it will not let me change it. Might be because of the category its in. Strange.

As far as the ringing and jaggieness of the subtitles reported above. They're non-existant on the Hitachi. It's entirely possible your decoder needs new capacitors. The inside of this one was a mess with all the dried out SMD caps. I must say save the fan noise it's the finer of my decoders. I have owned most of them. MST-2000, MSC-3000, MSC-4000, TU-AHD100 and the Pioneer PDP-502R outputting component through the VCR output. It's on par with the TU-MDC100 from what I can tell regarding pictures a friend has shared. It's no Panasonic TW series studio decoder but it gets the job done well and it's sexy as hell.

Anyone with a Pioneer have a remote?

Post subject: Re: Pioneer HM-D101
Posted: 28 Oct 2021, 12:05 

A quick ask - audioboyz1973 above mentioned some time ago that his Pioneer HM-D101 made the Sony 4000 onscreen image appear like it had a lightly frosted sheet of glass in front of it in comparison, did you see a difference as drastic as this between the other models?

Before even reading this comment I had noticed my recapped Sony MSC-4000 was "fuzzy" in comparison to my other decoders. The "lightly frosted glass" describes the effect perfectly.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 3 matches ]