All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 188 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Re: Long term Laserdisc fan
Posted: 16 Jan 2024, 13:02 

Hi, & welcome! Hope you’ll be sticking around :thumbup:

Posted: 16 Jan 2024, 19:51 

Well spotted rein-o! I’m reckoning that tasuke should find some way to support those heavyweight cables as the strain on the speaker sockets will surely prove too much very soon! Trust me - I speak from a past similar experience :thumbdown:

Posted: 19 Jan 2024, 10:15 

Yes, nice idea! I can almost hear the sigh of relief from the Pioneer from here :thumbup:

Posted: 21 Jan 2024, 16:20 

Oh no! An even more limited edition now then :thumbdown:

Posted: 22 Mar 2024, 20:26 

And a slightly belated welcome from the UK :thumbup:

Great to have you onboard - Although noting your joining date you make several of us here look like newbie’s!

My active interest in the format started in the mid 90’s, I also used to have an R7G up until a few years ago and totally agree with your opinion there, sadly not so hot via composite though hence a waste of space when I acquired a Lumagen R2144 processor which works great in conjunction with my HLD-X9 and a couple of other European PAL/NTSC players which I’m sure as you are American won’t be remotely interested in! ;)

Does your interest in music LD’s extend to live concerts or purely music videos?

Posted: 08 Apr 2024, 21:40 

Coincidentally I ran that very same version of The Fifth Element on my home theatre setup a couple of nights ago and I can confirm that the video transfer is truly superb, looks terrific on the cinema screen and even though I’m no fanboy of Dolby Digital 5.1, on this release I’d have to admit it really does kick a**

Not a hint of rot detected either!

Posted: 13 Apr 2024, 22:37 

mth1986 wrote:
WTF did just happen?
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Really don’t know, but it sees to have happened twice!

Maybe one post is analog and the other digital?
:shock: :shock: :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted: 17 Apr 2024, 14:45 

Please don’t take this as a criticism because it’s absolutely not intended to be, but seriously I would hope you are seeing something much sharper and vibrant than these captures when watching directly on your display of whatever technology? When I played this LD on my setup last week it looked beautiful, really couldn’t have imagined the dvd to look any better overall and believe me when I say I’m hard to please - well ok, now if they had released this in Squeezed format! ;)

Posted: 22 Apr 2024, 21:25 

I’ve never owned a CLD-99 therefore I’m not familiar with its onscreen menu options unfortunately, I have on the other hand possessed a CLD-R7G but I would doubt the settings suggested for this would be automatically applicable. Indeed they might not even be the best for every R7G around due to performance variations from model to model, there’s no harm giving them a try of course but have a play with the settings on your player and see what suits your personal taste best - every time you power the player completely off at the mains supply switch/plug it should default to the factory settings when powering on anyway so no chance of you losing the original settings.
Page 8 of 8 [ Search found 188 matches ]