It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:18

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 1 match

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 10 Aug 2017, 09:51 

... is turning 15 this year!

First early beta-version was started in November 2002 but I probably took advantage of the 2002 Summer break to start coding initially.

Wow, I feel even older now.

But it's been a fun ride, I met lots of interesting individuals on the way, met up some in the real world too, eventually landed a fantastic job back in 2009 through the website and still haven't reached the overdose level of maintaining the database.

I know most users would like their inputs and covers processed faster but I'd rather have a slow processing with quality outputs than validate everything blindly and create trouble in the future. The shop inventory management section is a shame and needs a full refresh, so does the shop listings (must migrate from iFrame to inline) and the "selling in lots" that was 80% finished but never tested.

My next scheduled task will be to work on the players' side because most of the Forum topics are about fixing/cleaning up/upgrading player and a section open to comments for all existing players would be a great addition to the disc database.

I'll start working on that when I will have spared enough $$$ to upgrade my 2012 Windows 7 laptop to the latest technology, fix my speakers (in need of re-foaming) and finish working on an major infrastructure project in Tokyo at work.

It would be also very useful for hand pick relevant topics in the forum (old or new) to create a FAQ on the usual issues (laser rot, AC3RF, DTS, combi players, etc.)

So far 15,731 transactions were made on LDDb, for a total of 29,054 titles that changed hands!
Out of these 15,731, 6,903 were successful best offers
4,052 currently active accounts (500+ visiting weekly, 1,000+ visiting monthly)
Accounting for ALL accounts created from the beginning (some were duplicates though), that's 13,806 accounts since 2002
564,019 titles in LD collections (that's several hundred tons of LDs!)
Forum has 6,314 topics for a total of over 76,000 posts

HBD.jpg

Hope to post a similar message in 2022 for the 20th anniversary!

Julien
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 1 match ]