It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 23:06

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 7 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Re: CLD-D605 problem
Posted: 27 Dec 2011, 22:58 

Normally this is due to the loading belt needing to be cleaned. Take off the top, open the tray and at the front left under the tray you'll see the loading belt. Remove and clean it and the small while pulley on the motor and see what happens.

Posted: 19 Jul 2019, 05:48 

Without really knowing for sure based on the video, it looks like the tensioner for the ribbon cable that connects the laser pick-up may not be pulling it back properly. Maybe the ribbon cable is not looped around the tensioner properly or a spring is not tight enough to retract the tensioner. Or you might even have a sticky residue on the ribbon cable itself that was a problem on the CLD-D701.

I can check my CLD-59 later to see how it works and report back later (has the same Epsilon Turn mechanism).

Also, it could be a motor holder issue too that is just starting to have issues.

Posted: 19 Jul 2019, 19:36 

The pickup is supposed to stop there and wait for the assembly to adjust down slightly before it slides back under the disc. That action is tied to the rotation of the disc. While the white mat doesn't break down like the rubber ones, it can get filled with crap, so maybe the disc is slipping. Try cleaning it with some isopropyl on a towel.

Posted: 20 Jul 2019, 02:08 

With the top off and drawer open unplug the unit. For the laser movement you'll see 2 gear that are between the laser pickup worm gear and the mechanism track. Just push the laser forward and back and see if either gear moves up, down, forward, or back; the only movement you should see is a rotating. If you see the up,down.forward. or back of either gear then you need to replace the MHolder before anything else. I believe you have this issue as the video sounded too noisy when the laser moved on side B.

Posted: 24 Jul 2019, 23:08 

There are CD players with external CD+G decoders. I’ve never seen one though so I don’t know what the interface looks like.

Posted: 25 Jul 2019, 23:45 

There are CD players with external CD+G decoders. I’ve never seen one though so I don’t know what the interface looks like.

It seems strange that they'd support something like that when the LD player plays CDs, too. (CDDA, at least. I don't have any CD+G discs to test and verify with, but one would assume so in a karaoke-focused machine like this one...) But it _was_ the '90s, after all, and coming up with new ports for everything was kinda THE thing to do. :) Could have been something proprietary, perhaps.

Karaoke and CD+G are not the same thing. The massive wave of LaserKaraoke is all just normal LDs for the most part. For the early 90s there were way more more Laser karaoke titles than CD+G. CD+G wasn’t really marketed for karaoke much at all until late in LD’s life and then a repurposed CD+G exploded because it’s cheap as hell to make.

It may very well not play CD+Gs. My 604 doesn’t, which is basically a home dual purpose oke machine.

Posted: 26 Jul 2019, 00:23 

According to the manual for a similar model , it's supposed to be turned on when using the TV's speakers for karaoke. It doesn't say why, though.

The reason is because the human voice can be very powerful and will blow speakers unless something like an attenuator is added in to filter out the highs.

If you set-up this LD player with an AV Receiver or amp and use PA speakers, you can keep the attenuator function off. Also, when not using the LD player for Karaoke, also keep the attenuator off since it just sounds less dynamic with it on.

As for the CDG port, this is an interface on your player to just add an external adapter that will give it CD+G capability if you have discs for it (Denon’s LA-3500 which is essentially a Panasonic, LX-900 has CD+G built in). CD+G was a cheaper option than the use of LaserDisc Karaoke software since there were only still images with subtitles instead of full motion video that required a production company to simply make a video. CD+G never really caught on except for the Karaoke market but there were a few CD albums that did incorporate it like Information Society’s debut album.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 7 matches ]