It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 21:34

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 52 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 06 Aug 2019, 01:16 

All CLD remotes are compatible across CLD units?

CLD and LD models. I tend to use the same remote across all my players. You might have a few buttons that do not work.
I like to have the original remotes to players I acquire if I can get them for a decent price, but this really isn't necessary unless you need a specific button/buttons for a player (i.e. CLD-99 DNR).

Posted: 07 Aug 2019, 14:47 

Dead I can send you a Pioneer remote for shipping money if that would be cheaper than you trying to get one locally. Also if you already have a fancy Logitech remote that will work. I'm using a Logitech for the Proscan since it won't work with Pioneer remotes and I needed to be able to switch between analog and digital audio.

Btw you generally want to avoid sealed LDs if you are planning to watch the movie. Last time I bought a sealed movie off of a store here I asked the seller to open it and verify no damage or disc rot which they were happy to do.

Posted: 07 Aug 2019, 15:36 

I would much rather watch the Ewok movies than The Phantom Menace.

Phantom Menace on LD is a different cut. I have it on DVD and BD too.

I would rather watch Droids than the Ewok movies.

Star Wars Holiday Special is what the cool kids watch anyway, it isn't even on LD :silent:

I too would rather watch Droids than the Ewok movies. They aren’t that bad though. I had no trouble buying that it was a real Star Wars thing when I was 11 or whenever those came out.

The holiday special though is clearly cut from the same cloth as the Donnie and Marie Show, the Paul Linde Halloween Special, Pink Lady, and a million other variety programs of the late 70s. It’s kinda the same thing they did one or two Fridays a month back then but that week it was Star Wars. It’s like a parade float or a p0rn0 cosplay thing. Just hard working showbiz people busy at what they do. It wasn’t made to be seen anything but live.

Speaking of which, the Paul Linde Halloween special is in fact available on DVD and if you’re in any way into that stuff I highly recommend it. It’s absolutely hilarious at times, I loved that guy. The SW holiday special is almost torture though. It goes on forever and nothing happens and most of the time you’re watching Bea Arthur and Art Carney or something with no real Star Wars grade props in sight. It’s biggest issue is being flat and boring and empty.

Posted: 08 Aug 2019, 04:49 

Yeah he is right almost all remotes are compatible with all players as long as it is the same brand. Both Pioneer remotes I have work with all three Pioneer players I have. And neither remote directly matches any of the players. I got a cheap remote off ebay just to have one then got a nicer one from a user here for free.

Posted: 08 Aug 2019, 06:50 

deadlegion wrote:
So CU-CL0051 or CU-CLD106 remotes should work?

Those will work fine but I would see about getting one with a jog/shuttle control so you can take advantage of your player's trick play functions better.

Posted: 08 Aug 2019, 21:07 

Thanks for that, ill loolk into the Indy trilogy.
Fortunately our government has a reasonable parcel forwarding system from USA.

Wow, really? I'm a bit surprised tbh how does that work and what do you mean by reasonable?

I get we have 10% GST here for imports but that's just for online purchases it doesn't affect everything sent here by post.
It's the US postal system that makes sending stuff here expensive. I mean getting a laserdisc player or a heavy game console sent here just isn't worth it, it's cheaper to get something shipped from Asia or even Europe.

https://www.nzpost.co.nz/tools/youshop is what i use. Dont get pinged with any GST or customs fees fortunately here.

Posted: 10 Aug 2019, 14:15 

Must be a later issue. The original looks like this: https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Star-Wars-The-Complete-Saga-Blu-ray/14903/#Packaging

Mine is region B issue. 2011.
Oh right, I forgot you live in Australia. Looks like you got lucky: https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Star-Wars-The-Complete-Saga-Blu-ray/23734/#Packaging

Posted: 15 Aug 2019, 15:45 

Spent the whole day processing covers today.
Exhausted!

Attachment:
covers-august.png

700+ covers among which 250 covers are new, pushing the cover(age) above 59%.

Most of the 700 are including both front and back covers.

Julien

Posted: 19 Aug 2019, 18:26 

As Zeta said, appears the only difference is that the 770 runs on a different voltage so it should be identical other than that to the 703.

For manuals, it appears the user manual for the 704 is only available (I probably should upload my 703 manual to the site at some point) but it’s essentially the same except in regards to the notations regarding the AC3-RF terminal. Here is the link...

https://manuals.lddb.com/LD_Players/Pioneer/CLD/CLD-D704/

As for performing an AC3-RF mod, you can look here for how one was performed on a 703....

http://www.laserdiscarchive.co.uk/laserdisc_archive/pioneer/pioneer_cld-d703/pioneer_cld-d703_ac3_uprade.htm

I’ll be getting my 703 modded at some point of which I’ll post when that happens.

Post subject: Re: Value of Laserdisks
Posted: 21 Aug 2019, 11:03 

Easy to answer why nobody is buying it, it was released in 1990 just 9 years too early for the collectard fools. :yawn:
I think it's more likely not a lot of people want to spend 1.5 grand on an anime they can't understand...
Not to mention that even if I really wanted it there's been multiple opportunities over the last few years to get it significantly cheaper than that directly from Japan.

Which seems really ironic when here we are flaming this guy (for whom English is a second language) on the assumption that by valuable he only means monetary value....

I like collecting, collecting good things, things those important. I like filling small space in my home with valuable things. Please no misunderstanding and prejudice. Thank you.
Maybe I'm totally wrong; and maybe he is just collecting for collectings sake, but could we just believe for a moment that using words like 'good' and 'important' things he might mean beyond purely monetary value (though the two do tend to coincide) and actually be a little welcoming to a new poster instead of appearing to just cut them down and end up driving them away???

At least someone thought to point him in the direction of the "Ultimate list of Laserdisc titles that are significant" thread.

Posted: 22 Aug 2019, 02:25 

Guys,

Locking this topic which was about OBI and CAV version of a movie.... but forper started to give it a negative, condescending political spin so it has to stop here.

This is about Laserdisc you know :-)

And if you are in Tokyo before early October this year: Takahata Isao - A Legend in Japanese Animation

https://takahata-ten.jp/common/img/english/img-en01.jpg

Julien

Posted: 03 Sep 2019, 02:03 

That's an easy request because... it already exists :-)

https://forum.lddb.com/viewtopic.php?p=80022#p80022

Julien

Posted: 09 Sep 2019, 04:29 

I'm not sure if he'd like me sending 3MB pics via email, the submission info says maximum 150KB/picture.

Please send the bigger version, I'll realign/crop/filter if needed.

For big files, you can drop them in my cloud following the steps here: https://forum.lddb.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=38

Make sure to zip them with meaningful filenames and/or a little text file for describing which #LDDB you are uploading them for!

Julien

Posted: 25 Sep 2019, 13:49 

As I see it if a disc has been sitting in your shop forever then either there's no interest or it's overpriced.

All this represents is some additional information helping consumers make more informed choices.

The only reason I see sellers objecting to this is they have too many items in the latter category.

Posted: 26 Sep 2019, 01:03 

So I go into the pawn shop and I see that Roland 808 there and it’s $1800 and I just decide this time I’m going to get it.

I say, hey, I’ll give you $700 for it. And he’s like, it’s a CLASSIC. It’s worth twice what I’m asking! So I say, if it’s worth so much then why has it been there every time I come in this store for the last seven years? You clearly can’t move it in a reasonable amount of time so it’s either window dressing to keep the shop looking good or you really want to sell it and you’re just hoping to cash in on the right idiot on the right day. It ain’t happening, sell it to me. End of story, I paid $900 and a dumpster full of alarm clocks. I got to keep the dumpster. .

This story is a fabrication but to anyone who “can’t see why” they’d want the info it is the perfect parable. Knowing how long he’s been sitting on something unable to get his gouging price is one of the most powerful bargaining tools there is. That’s why ebay has had it since they only auctioned stamps.

Sellers who want $1800 for a copy of Sixth Day they found in a crap bin at Hard Off! 16 years ago won’t want you have this tool. I’m a little surprised that some are so transparent or disingenuous about it. I’m not super concerned about it really but some people are and they’re kind outing themselves because there’s no honorable reason I can think of to be against. “To much info”? It’s the Laserdisc DATABASE for friggn crassness hazzen sassen. There’s usually only a single sentence description for an individual LD. “NM+ w/ obi” isn’t exactly a tidal wave of data.

Posted: 02 Oct 2019, 14:10 

Have never seen a star trek episode or movie.
Which movie would you recommend me to watch first to see if its for me or not?

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO POST HERE ANYMORE.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I feel like with anything start with the beginning, if its not your thing still get through it and go onto next series or movies
and then find out if you really like it.

Posted: 18 Oct 2019, 18:44 

Might be getting too political here but if we really want to turn things around we need to go back to old policies of heavily taxing the ultra wealthy. I have no problem paying sales tax but if we want to invoke real change that is what we need.

Posted: 05 Feb 2020, 19:25 

About a year ago I went looking for a complete list of UMDs. I found one which had, I think, all releases worldwide. For the life of me I can't find the list now. I think there was somewhere between 1,200-2,000 UMD Videos.

This guy has 970 English language releases.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVnvkGyly80

I personally have around 100. I know you can get a composite or component output for the 2000 and 3000 series PSPs as that is what I use to watch mine. My friend has several docks as well as one that you would install in a car with a screen that mounts on the headrest. All aftermarket I believe.

Now correct me if I'm wrong as I've never done this before, but I think you can also wirelessly connect a PSP to a PS3 kind of like screen sharing.

Spending ~$100 for a player set up plus $5+ per movie for a format with less than desirable resolution in this day and age doesn't seem so far fetched for this forum or its members.

Posted: 06 Feb 2020, 01:52 

deadlegion wrote:
LD is designed for 4:3 screens for the most part, but there are some "squeeze" versions...I'm not sure how many titles are available like that though.

It's a very small number. All squeeze LDs are $$$$$ which is worth noting.

Here is the entire list.

Posted: 20 Mar 2020, 20:48 

deadlegion wrote:
jakeheke wrote:
Wasnt a swap in a back alleyway for drugs if thats what you mean.

Probably a lot of that going on atm.

Well someone was on the pipe when they packaged this set anyway

Posted: 25 Mar 2020, 01:09 

My favorite is Drunken Master II (that bar fight!) but I’m a huge fan of Jackie Chan in general. He’s one the greatest filmmakers of all time, IMHO. He doesn’t always do everything himself but at one point or another he has. The music, the stunts, the editing, directing, writing, training his stunt men, running the business. He’s used these skills to make some terrible movies but also some of my absolute favorite ever.

Posted: 03 May 2020, 16:38 

I have open my APD-1 (japanese) to verify.

There is a strap between BE and BR. And the manual seems to indicate that if i made a strap between RE and BE, it will switch to 230 V. (on the bottom right corner)

The photo is here :

https://www.journaldulapin.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/DXO_1490.jpg

Actually, i have not tried, beacause i will not broke it, and i have only this model.

Posted: 06 May 2020, 20:54 

“I’m here to profit and only profit off you people and your scene that I personally have no interest in. Having apparently maxed my dollar from Facebook I was hoping to somehow milk actual fans of any sort of information that I might use to make even more money off them.”

At least he’s up front about it.

Posted: 18 Jun 2020, 23:27 

On UK ebay at the moment is a copy of THE MATRIX US issue on LD for £1000 , quite a listing description - see below.

Here it is...

If you're looking at this then you know what you want or are just LD curious...

The MATRIX, 1999, Double Laserdisc, Widescreen Edition.

Watched just once & stored upright in darkness since then.

There are few light creases around the back left corner & front right corner. Unless you have OCD (like I do & I'm okay with them), you shouldn't find them too offensive. The reason for these is that the shrink-wrap sometimes shrinks more than it should almost immediately upon application & causes this condition. It then just gets tighter & less flexible over the years. Shrink-wrap is simply not suitable for application on cardboard & other pliable materials. I have hundreds of unopened laserdiscs, a few of which have the same issue. Although gladly accepted open & clear of shrink wrap by collectors, it's usually better to have a sealed item but only if the shrinking shrink-wrap isn't damaging the sleeve. In this case the removal of the evil film (the shrink-wrap, not the movie) has probably kept it in better condition, the marks were apparent when I bought the item sealed & the shrink-wrap was completely removed by me to keep it straight as possible. All the corners are free from chaffing & there's no scuffing on the 3 sealed sides. There is one miniscule ding on the rear open side (visible in pictures, just).

Please don't buy this unless you'll be okay with these minor blemishes. Please bear in mind that antiques are rarely perfect. If you are a collector, you know what you will accept & what you won't so the choice is yours. I'm not haggling over price or getting into a Dutch auction with this, I only have one & it is a prized possession.

Purchased from Ken Crane in California. I tried to buy two copies but was refused as the LD format ceased within 12 months & this was a rare LD immediately upon issue, i.e. a truly limited run, pressed just once.

If you want proof of this, then check out how prices have risen astronomically in the last few years. It has been said that this LD could become one of the top 10 most wanted, due to it's most advanced effects at the time & even more so now that The Matrix 2023 is looking more & more like a reality now, a full quarter of a century later. What can we expect? Even the Millennial Generation will have their minds blown...

I'm old, laserdisc was the future, as was videodisc before that. I own hundreds of laserdiscs but am now starting to sell my immense music & video collection.

I'm not leaving all this stuff to my children, grand children or beyond; I'm gonna cash in for the next few years & have it supplement my pension to provide all the Tequila & hookers I need til I check out.

Catalogue number 17665. Barcode 85391-76656.

Condition is very good, although I'd like to say it was somewhere between that & near mint. I personally believe that this is one of the best ever offered in the last 10 years or so, I hope you do too.

If you look at picture 5, you will see how I have just gently eased apart the opening where the disc is inserted. As you go over the edge & inwards, there is a little discolouring of the sleeve which is generally commonplace at this point at 10 years old & beyond. It's just microbes in the air that settle on & lightly blemish nice warm soft white cardboard. It settles on other harder surfaces too but can be wiped off in these cases.

I have explained a 21 year old laserdisc to the best of my ability & with all the terminology I know.

PLEASE NOTE: I will cover the P&P cost in the UK only.

For anywhere outside UK, please contact me for P&P price.

PLEASE CAN I JUST SAY TO ALL THE CYBER WARRIOR TROLLS WHO DON'T WANT TO BUY THIS BUT THINK THEY ARE SO-CALLED COLLECTORS WHO JUST WANT TO TELL ME WHAT IT'S WORTH OR WHAT I'M GOING TO GET FOR IT, JUST BUTT OUT. I'M NOT INTERESTED IN YOUR BULLSH*T EVALUATIONS BECAUSE YOU THINK YOU KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT LASERDISCS. I WILL LIST ALL THE CHARLATANS WHO OFFER ME THEIR UNREQUESTED ADVICE, SO YOU KNOW THE W*NKERS TO AVOID WHEN CONSIDERING BUYING RARE LASERDISCS. WHY OH WHY OH WHY ARE THESE F*CKWITS TRYING TO POLICE THE LASERDISC MARKET ON EBAY??? I THINK I KNOW...

Here are the losers to avoid:

1) lasermattic
2) plex_3675
3) swto41
4) adv_4300
5) chum437
8( wnkstr69er

Yes, these are the first of the malingering ebay laserdisc trolling police who have contacted me with alt IDs saying they have never seen the item before & want to purchase it off ebay (fee free) & who want to know what other items I have. Either that or for some reason are trying to sell me one of the same, when I am clearly trying to sell something. All reported to ebay. Further details to follow...

Now after that if you click the ask seller a question button & go to "other" a couple of things come up.....

Other: We found 2 answer(s)
I don't suppose you want to.buy my mint one for £100 ? Its still sealed only opened to watch .
zig.bob : No I don't you complete f*ckwit! Don't you want to start making real money out of a lame format from the pensioner generation??? You stoopid twat...
Hi, Just a heads up. I’ve been collecting laserdiscs over 20 years. The value of the US release Matrix is £120-200 depending on market conditions. The Hong Kong release is worth around £650. You will
zig.bob : Ah, the oracle speaks...Let's see how I do versus all the supposed know it alls like yourself. I've been here before & sold $5 CDs for £80. You're an amatuer collector, not a professional.

Well if I am one of the CHARLATANS, W*NKERS or F*CKWITS then so be it, just thought it may bring a smile to some of the forum users here.

Good luck with your sale zig.bob from an "amatuer (amateur) collector, not a professional" & enjoy "all the Tequila & hookers " - have fun.

Posted: 19 Jun 2020, 19:07 

Just a wee update.....

The MATRIX 1999 Double LASERDISC Watched ONCE Stored upright in dark CAT# 17665
Price:£1,000.00
This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available.
Ended:19 Jun, 2020 17:30:54 BST

https://media.tenor.com/images/a33debefbb07b7ce6ad2744e88ffd77a/tenor.gif
Page 1 of 3 [ Search found 52 matches ]