It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 18:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 100 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Re: Purchasing a new tv
Posted: 03 Jul 2020, 11:29 

Only time I listen to AM radio is for Coast to Coast AM. Hasn't been the same since Art Bell left, but it's always fun listening to nut jobs talk about Big Foot and Alien abductions while working.

Posted: 10 Jul 2020, 10:11 

Alright, double feature tonight.

1989 Ford Probe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pjw6QKufHI

1984 Overhauling Diesel Engines
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA6nEPLD2g0

Starting with the 1984 Overhauling Diesel Engines, I'll be reuploading the dozen or so Ford Laserdiscs on the Internet Archive originally digitized by Kernal86.

I've never had any of these videos monetized, as I don't own them to begin with, I've only been uploading these for preservation purposes.

Enjoy!

Posted: 14 Jul 2020, 07:27 

Tonights Double Features are-

Electronic Fuel Injection Sides 1 and 2

Posted: 15 Jul 2020, 10:03 

I just couldn't help myself, so here's another Ford Double Feature!

The People Factor (1984)

Prospecting for Sales Success (1980)

Enjoy!

Post subject: Re: Pioneer CLD-1090
Posted: 15 Jul 2020, 14:49 

Final update; knob showed up from Malaysia finally; fit like a glove.

Another player saved from being scrapped!

Posted: 16 Jul 2020, 18:36 

Hope you like this one Forper 8-) , here's a neat little tune-up disc from 1989.

Tune-Up A.V. II (1989) [CSLW 1172]

Enjoy!

Posted: 18 Jul 2020, 05:55 

Another Double feature for tonight, here's 1982's Manual 5-Speed Transaxle, Side 1 and 2.

Side 1

Side 2

Posted: 18 Jul 2020, 09:21 

Picture posted

Ah okay; yeah that's from the layers of the disk separating due to poor manufacturing, low quality glue, or being stored in a humid environment. I'm guessing this was a storage issue as this release [14795 CS] doesn't have any reported rot on the database.

I have a few old Ford Discs with this issue, most play fine but definitely show some signs of "laser rot" (slight audio distortion, "snow" in the image in certain parts).

It's just something that happens with optical media like this unfortunately. Thankfully Laserdisc, unlike DVD will continue to play even with these issues, instead of jumping around or freezing.

Posted: 18 Jul 2020, 09:27 

So then just take care of them from here on out and they will be fine?

Pretty much! It'll still breakdown over time, but that's just optical media in general. Proper storage in a low humidity environment will definitely slow the process.

Definitely be careful who you're buying your discs from though. Here on LDDB sellers know what they have, and will show/share any defects the discs have; eBay can be a bit more of a crapshoot.

Posted: 18 Jul 2020, 09:31 

I once read that if I store discs in like a vacuum-sealed bag it’ll help slow the process, know if that’s true as well?

I mean; I'm sure it would help but I personally wouldn't bother going through vacuum sealing every film in my collection to preserve them, I have also never heard of anyone here doing that, but I'm sure someone somewhere has, sure.

Just seems like more trouble than it's worth because then you need to reseal every movie you watch, each time you watch it.

Little Mermaid, The (1989) [14795 CS]

The film isn't that expensive if you ever need a replacement copy, most movies are pretty damn cheap on the format.

Posted: 19 Jul 2020, 09:48 

Nothing too special tonight, but here's 1986's Driveability Diagnosis - Intermittent Faults

Posted: 19 Jul 2020, 10:13 

Figured I'd get another master thread going for the General Motors Laserdisc collection.

I've digitized the 1982 Oldsmobile LD, here's side 2 of that. Side 1 needs to be re-recorded as I forgot to switch the audio channels around, and it accidentally recorded in Spanish and English at the same time.

Weirdly enough, side 2 just doesn't have a Spanish option, as I recorded them both right after one another, without switching any settings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzpfQN41QqY

Post subject: Re: Survey cards
Posted: 21 Jul 2020, 11:23 

Here's it run through Google translate (you can import pictures using the App versions).

"Japanese Title 1 What is the title of your purchase? What is the tax 1 disc number? How did you get the purchase? New Ice Flash (Issuing this guide in the article 3 in the article Did you take this title in the article in Disc Levi Look at Racine Fret Look at the person in mind Look at the other channels well Newspapers? Nissin V Caro, Uedusflush, etc.) Lot to read Chishin and Sankei Nihon Shimbun The TV thing that you see often is "The frequently read miscellaneous stories, audio 2 Pideo is an audiobite anime 7FM Monthly 1 Why did you buy this disc? Since it was a work that had a bad appearance in two places as a video collection work, I could not do it at the time of opening and closing, so it was a seki work, so it was a handy play theory 8 D00 2LD LD 0 4LD 5 0 4 LDT Other " The movie genre you would like to release in the future is A (eg SF). Nishi Hatsu (Please mark the relevant book) Pretty good-pretty good Compliant Pretty good Pretty good Pretty good Pretty good Pretty cheap-pretty, jacket, writing required Please write the points marked with. Please let us know your opinion about this sutra and our work as well as Jacqueto Design Emo. Thank you for your energy. Please forgive me for your quick drawing. (Fill in date)"

Posted: 23 Jul 2020, 07:02 

More Ford goodness

1990's New Model Service Features

Posted: 24 Jul 2020, 09:38 

While Jake is correct, if you want the exact remote I believe you're looking for the CU-CLD047.

Posted: 26 Jul 2020, 08:53 

Double feature night, this time one here, and one for GM.

Here's 1982's Power Flow in the Automatic Transaxle

Posted: 24 Sep 2020, 23:28 

Thank you Julian, sincerely. Without you this hobby would not be where it is today.

Posted: 08 Jan 2021, 06:24 

Been in a bit of a dry spell with new Laserdiscs, but I have 5 or so I'm working on uploading.

However, one my friends sent me this.

Watch at the 8:25 mark if the video doesn't start right for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppsrDqsgbiA

Always nice to know someone is watching my s****y uploads. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEEG9pTt4Iw

Posted: 09 Jan 2021, 07:04 

Here's some actual Ford LD's, Cosmetic Paint and Surface Repair!

Enjoy!

Posted: 22 Jan 2021, 08:38 

Only have a few left to upload until I get around to digitizing the 5 or so random things I have laying around, so single video uploads from now on. Thanks for the support with these, it's been a rough past few months for me, and it's nice to see some support.

Here's Ford Motors Detailing The Plan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKgJoI4u6Rg

The laserdisc hobby has been pushed to the side for the time being this year, I'm buckling down on a board game I've been developing on the side for a couple of years now, which will be featuring laserdisc to a certain extent. Might be a little out of line for LDDB but I may share it when the time comes, depending on if I actually end up doing anything with it.

Posted: 25 Jan 2021, 08:00 

This is a weird one, hope everyone enjoys!

Part 1/4 of the Video Drug series, with the rest coming soon.

Here's 1990's "Deep"

Posted: 25 Jan 2021, 09:30 

Oh wow! Thanks for sharing this. I love this stuff. I have almost all of the Virtual Drug titles (except one DVD title) and some other stuff like Luminous Flight and Virtual Trip.

Also have some VHS stuff too like VR Cyberdelia (which is actually Virtual Drug Ecstasy just retitled and rebranded for the UK). I have a great German VHS too, the name escapes me at the minute. Also the Mind Control series is interesting too, oh and Infinite Escher of course.

I haven't seen the Video Drug series before. Argh! I need to find them now!

I'll have the other three up within the next week or so!

Posted: 26 Jan 2021, 05:13 

There's definitely something addictive about the 80's weirdness of these videos!

These Old Ford Dealer Laserdiscs Are Fascinating, Weird, And Maybe A Bit Magical
https://jalopnik.com/these-old-ford-dealer-laserdiscs-are-fascinating-weird-1846129420

Julien

Yeah one of my videos went viral yesterday, one of the clips I uploaded with the woman just saying "good job" in different ways over and over.

Something like 25,000 views in the last day, it's weird haha

Posted: 26 Jan 2021, 13:36 

je280 wrote:
jakeheke wrote:
Your gonna be famous Poke! :)

He She is famous :thumbup: .

Just so everyone knows, I'm not a dude haha :lol:

Thanks though!

Posted: 27 Jan 2021, 22:04 

Part 2!