It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 02:01

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 5 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 24 Sep 2020, 07:56 

While I don't own any HD DVD's how many do you think you own that aren't playable?
Seems like all you have posted play without any issues from what I've seen of your posts.

I seriously have no idea. Since I live in Sweden atleast half of my HD DVDs are European releases and thus it is unlikely they will be damaged.

The US releases (even Combo discs) I have and have tested so far seems to be working, so I cross my fingers that most of them will be okey.

Posted: 08 Dec 2020, 00:09 

@substance

In my book canceling physical media is depriving people of a legal fair way of owning a copy.

Technically you never own a movie, you just own the right to play it unlimited amount of times during the lifetime of your physical disc. The lifetime of a digital purchase on i.e. Amazon would probably be "untill they don't have it anymore" in ther library.

I rather pay for a digital rental than buying digital, as the life time expectancy feels very uncertain with a digital purchase.

Please lord, let us have physical media, and may our discs not rot :-)

Posted: 03 Jan 2021, 11:33 

My turn then...

American Werewolf in London, An (1981) : 7/10
Annihilation (2018) : 7/10
Atlantic City (1980) : 7/10
Black Rain (1989) : 7/10
Chronicle (2012) : 7/10
Four Rooms (1995) : 7/10
Joker (2019) : 7/10
King of California (2007) : 7/10
Once Upon a Time... In Hollywood (2019) : 7/10
Raid 2, The (2014) : 7/10

Interesting enough, my highest rated movie of 2020 got 7/10 and it was shared by 10 movies, that's why the alphabetical. If I must pick a favourite it would be the Werewolf one...

Post subject: Re: 007 on LD
Posted: 03 Jan 2021, 11:57 

This Daniel Craig stuff....that's NOT Bond at all....I watched one of them and that was enough for me :lol:

Did you watch Skyfall? It was pretty good if you ask me. But that would be the exception of the Daniel Craig era for me.

Personally I have a soft spot for Die Another Day, probably because of the Madonna soundtrack and all the gimmicks.

Apart from Skyfall, Golden Eye, Die Another Day and On Her Magestys Secret Service, I am all for the Sean Connery bond movies. I've never been a fan of the Roger Moore or Timothy Dalton iterations.

Posted: 10 Feb 2023, 12:41 

According to a user in an HD DVD group that I am in, both DVD's and Blu-rays by Cinram during that time frame have similar quality issues. So maybe time to check other old discs?
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 5 matches ]