It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 10:11

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 23 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 28 Aug 2019, 05:30 

Life has got me busy atm and so any further repair to the LD repair is on ice..however on my travels I snagged another box of LD's ..this time 50 for $70 AUD ...another rather older set but many top rated movies. Here is one old gem ..just the title alone does it for me!

As soon as Ive installed all these new blinds in the house in time for our summer I will be back at the player...got my can of Plastidip ready to go...and now plenty of discs waiting to enjoy.

Posted: 19 Jul 2020, 02:38 

For Reference - Whilst searching for more info with this unit found out How to get into the DDP-1 Test Mode - for those that might need to one day

To put the Yamaha DDP-1 in TEST MODE:

1. Plug unit into AC power and make sure unit is OFF.

2. Push both the MODE and MENU button simultaneously.

3. Push the POWER button ON.

The screen will show:

DDP DIAG V13
AC-3 DECODER

Then the screen will change after a second or two to:

1. PCM L/R :COAX
DIR UNLOCK /A2

Now the MODE button can be used to change what is after the colon to:

RF, OPT, or COAX

The MENU button is used to bring up the settings for surround sound speakers, low frequency enhanced speaker, Pro-Logic input, AC-3 input, and test tone.

The PARAMETER button brings up a slew of other diagnostic and sound settings...

Posted: 25 Jul 2020, 14:37 

Yes think it could be the fault as well...no clock running and Display does not go past its power start-up state.

Ordered a CSTLS10M0G53 3 pin 10mhz crystal from the UK...given the slow delivery at the moment...wont get it until mid August if lucky!....so will have to be patient! Certainly nothing to lose in trying to swap it out.

Posted: 21 Mar 2021, 03:21 

Picked this up for very cheap - no manuals no info - much be rare - all in one Karaoke machine with Cassette, Laserdisc, CD - Circa 1992? Sanyo..

For the Record its a Sanyo LV-K77 Model
Im betting nobody has seen or heard of or knows of this machine ?!

Does the Laserdisc work..sadly no....disc loads and is recognised - Hear ticking squealing as if the laser is trying to focus/search but PLAY onscreen turns into STOP and it spits the Laserdisc back out...

Has a 'JET TURN' ..play both sides function.

Found a Owners but no Service Manual.

Only Sanyo player I could find some other info on is a LV-P500 ..

This unit is is literally a normal stand alone player put into unit..with a custom front plate and connectors.

Sound is good bass is very good..using with bluetooth input...cassette works well actually lol

my thoughts..its ugly...sounds good...but pity the Laserdisc is not working.!

Posted: 20 Apr 2021, 12:34 

:D :D :thumbup:

Thanks to all who helped ! now working as it should. New Optical Assembly fitted.

The replacement part was not identical - wires/plugs differing length..guides missing.
Casting was exactly the same so managed with some micro surgery to make it fit.

Issue all along - Optics Lens slightly cloudy...a lot of humidity here...but also its a Karaoke Unit therefore may have had a smoke filled retro life back in the 90s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI78V-AQtSo

Posted: 22 Apr 2021, 04:17 

Thanks Cplusplus very helpful.

EDIT UPDATE:

:oops:
OK It Works...but more testing tbd!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s7wOTq-Ico

..was not familiar with the 'Karaoke Mode' button :lol:

This mode seems to 'Pause' each Track...was that it all it was...More testing to be done with more CD's....just played a CD complete all good..sounds good.! Closer at the least!

Posted: 22 Apr 2021, 05:26 

So how did you fix the CD playback issue? Pot adjustment?

Thanks ldfan ! learnt more from your post.

Thats the thing - I believe I must have pressed' Karaoke Mode' somehow! and without the TV on couldnt see that the track was in 'PAUSE'. There is no indicator on the unit!

I have just tried a bunch of CD's and all good!..no adjustment to POT's or Mechanics Needed :thumbup:

The unit sound output is very good.

This unit is kinda like a 90s Music and Video Jukebox ..and now with Bluetooth.
Its a keeper!

Posted: 25 Jul 2021, 06:00 

We have a result !

Replaced Resistor and Cap - used a solid jumper wire to bypass corroded trace.

Hopefully will keep working!

Player fully working ! -
Slightly less noise wrt to the picture compared to what my D770 can do - however not quite as detailed.

Posted: 29 Jul 2021, 13:04 

I can confirm replacement of just the one capacitor the C12 2.2uF 50V Electrolytic has fixed the PSU for my D780 !

Standby light now on and unit lights up and powers on as it should.

However I do have another issue ..seeing error U1 on the display?!... when powering on the tray will go in - you hear whirring and then it spits the tray back out..repeating the process if you let it.

Im hoping this is a VEB1184 belt replacement fix !? -

Posted: 06 Aug 2021, 16:13 

Thanks rein-o
This one is def NTSC only player.

Its got me beat atm..plays CDs (Digital Sound) fine.

Posted: 08 Aug 2021, 05:32 

..Also of note - the TOC are not being detected most of the time.

Posted: 08 Sep 2021, 13:51 

Just fixed my Pioneer CLD-D780/604 - replaced the original broken grey Mholder with the replacement Mholder I purchased from user Oppelix

Worked a treat !

First time Ive changed an Mholder..it was a lot easier than I feared - the easiest repair yet!..the replacement Mholder fitted perfectly...fixing holes lined up - cogs lined up...perfect.

First time tonight I've been able to watch discs with the D780 using Side B ....awesome ! (another junk player fixed)

Tried to take some photos of the new installed Mholder tonight..but lighting isnt great ...will post a couple of photos when in daylight.

Cheers to Oppelix for allowing me to make this player play properly again!

Posted: 09 Sep 2021, 00:28 

Couple of Pictures of the Pioneer CLD-D780's Broken Mholder and its New Shiny Replacement.

Posted: 22 Oct 2021, 14:20 

Quick Update: Been using my CLD-D780 most often with the new installed 3D Printed MHolder from user Oppelix - its now in use for over a month...and posting that it is performing beautifully!

Posted: 25 Nov 2021, 13:56 

Another Yamaha DDP-1 Digital Output Modification success!

Tested working nicely! - no more Lipsync issues when using DVD Recorder for Video enhancement.

That leaves the Marantz DP-870 to mod.

Posted: 26 Nov 2021, 11:01 

Marantz DP870 Digital Out Mod Success!
Works fine!

A lot tighter to fit in - Height of the Module is a challenge.

Posted: 17 Jun 2022, 01:27 

Thankyou Everyone !

Managed this morning to get the LD tray to manually open - first I was able to get the CD tray to open - but then I think my fingers were slipping on the pulley - the mechanism kept pushing back with resistance! I had to move the pulley a little by little at the same time holding the pulley with firm pressure then move a little again - Basically the process after getting the CD tray open was to to close the CD Tray and raise the mechanism - keep going in the same rotational direction and the mechanism then lowers and after that the main LD tray was ejected...Tricky!

The Power Supply Board is removed and I can see the Primary side Cap C14 does indeed get very Toasty! it sits far too close to a Hot Heatsink!
Ive ordered a 200V 1uF 105 degree Electrolytic Cap and will hopefully get that on Monday and Install the same day to try....will post back the result.

Posted: 25 Jun 2022, 14:45 

Yes the caps C++ referred are located on the front Panel assembly circuit board.. C104 Electrolytic was my issue- mine was not shorted however I noticed it was not able to hold a charge.

This faulty Cap was messing with the supply to the all important 'Mode Control Chip' on the same board - unstable supply equals processor not running or not running stable enough and thus no outputs switched to start up the machine.

I tested my Power Supply unit using a 1K load resistor between pins 2 and 3 (Power On, and EV+5Volts) on CM22 (removing first the ribbon and spindle motor cables) and then Check Voltages are as expected on the Power Board (refer to SM)..if they are ok then might be a Cap on the front panel affecting the Mode Chip - like mine.

Posted: 06 Jul 2022, 03:04 

For Reference - the old website showing tapping points for an AC3 mod on a 703/770 as mentioned by ldfan appears to be no longer - posting here the wayback machine historical saved page.

https://web.archive.org/web/20180902213 ... rdisc.html

Posted: 06 Jul 2022, 15:09 

FWIW

All very subjective and I know everyones setup is a unique combination - these are just my thoughts comparing by eye the image using a well known Scaler and known DVD Recorder for picture quality.

My Display is a QLED Samsung 65 inch
My Player for the tryouts were a D703/770 and a D780

The DVD Recorder is a Panasonic DMR-ES15 - connected to the TV with Component
The Scaler is a DVDO Duo - connected to the TV with HDMI

Conclusion -
After much playing around with the settings on the DVDO...and the TV

The DVD Recorder still 'just' presents a more pleasing image.

The DVDO looks fine however colours and the overall image appears slightly less vibrant than the DVD Recorder output.

Overall its pretty close - though it did not matter which laserdisc player I tried - the result is the same.

I'm glad I did not spend much on the DVDO!...I do have an EXTRON DSC301 coming (supposedly) so will compare again.

The DVDO has the benefit of outputting HDMI and helps reduce cabling.

I also tried chaining the Scaler and DVD Recorder - however that just seemed degrade the image.
For me - best result is still using the DVD Recorder on its own via component.

If I had a different TV ..maybe the results would be different...

Posted: 09 Jul 2022, 06:43 

As C++ says

The only reason CLD-99 is mentioned in the thread is because it uses the same model Power supply board as the D770 -> VWR1200

Posted: 31 Aug 2022, 10:34 

Fixed the rack.....
The Plastic rack is moulded into the supporting metal bracket...I used a soldering Iron and cut the connections allowing the broken pieces to again line up, I then plastic welded the fractures and topped off with some epoxy where needed...it worked - no more jamming.

..however the Laser is gone it seems...this is the same Laser head as I replaced in the Sanyo LV-K77 All in one Karaoke Laser machine last year.
Same set of symptoms - sees the LD but cant play...and the lens looks kinda cloudy...
Seems these Sanyo Laser heads are deteriorating with age rather than use - same as some of the Sonys?!
Going to see if I can order a replacement laser.. another from the same place as last time.

Posted: 04 Sep 2022, 04:06 

Daylight shot Sanyo Laser SFL-90
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 23 matches ]