It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 08:51

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 15 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 04 Sep 2019, 06:34 

I know the Sony's catch a lot of flak but this is the only dual side player that I own. So from a convenience point of view, this is my "main" LD player.

Posted: 27 Oct 2019, 14:02 

The Big Lebowski (1998)

Still a classic.

Post subject: Re: Technology Connections
Posted: 29 Oct 2019, 16:33 

Part 3

Posted: 11 Nov 2019, 13:37 

The other day got a chance to see Joker .

It's one of those movies you can respect, though it's a little harder to like, IMO.
The exploration of what causes a lonely, unhinged man to explode, is not my cup of tea.

Who would one recommend it to?
Maybe comic book fans but not for comic book movie fans, particularly younger crowds. And I guess cinephiles will likely be drawn to it. Not for casual moviegoers.

I'd say it's best treated as if this wasn’t of a superhero or supervillain origin at all; that it's just an intimate tale of a dangerously insane man.

Posted: 10 Feb 2020, 11:51 

Local purchases. Some have arrived, most are still to be packed and delivered.
Without going the import route, it's relatively uncommon that we see any type of LD's in this neck of the woods.

Posted: 04 Mar 2020, 07:42 

Watched The Rock the other night. The movie, not Dwayne Johnson.

"What kinda f***ed up tour is this?!" That line gets me every time.

The DTS track on laser packs a good punch.

Posted: 13 Mar 2020, 09:30 

I thought it was kinda cool that he mentions he still owns a player and a collection.

Any old tech still kicking around at home?

I haven’t thrown out my VHS and I still have a LaserDisc machine. I have a pretty important collection of films on LaserDisc. The store I was getting them from went from having an entire floor of them to there being just one rack and the entire floor was DVDs. My heart sunk. The good news was the LaserDiscs were 70 per cent off.

https://www.metro.news/my-tech-ron-perlman/1942138/

Posted: 14 Mar 2020, 16:29 

Had a similar issue with my DVL-919, although only the LD part. The DVD tray had no problem ejecting. Replacing the belt fixed it all up.

Gently push the tray forward at the time it expects to be open. If there are no other issues, you should be able to get it to open.

Posted: 26 Mar 2020, 11:53 

200 Cigarettes.

Blasted by the critics upon release, back in the day.
I guess you'd have to be of a certain disposition (or a certain inebriation :P ) to fully enjoy it. It felt somewhat disjointed, IMO, but still a fun watch.

Posted: 11 Apr 2020, 14:31 

No expert here. Just your run of the mill LD enthusiast. :P

So apologies if I misunderstood or if this is not helpful.

https://i.postimg.cc/FRxTYD0Q/DVL-919-pulley.jpg

Turning the above one way will eventually get the DVD tray to open. Turning the other way should get the LD tray to open.

Then press inwards on the two points that I've marked in the pic below. That will release the tray and it will come all the way out.

https://i.postimg.cc/GtQ61bXG/DVL-919-LD-tray.jpg

Posted: 18 May 2020, 12:40 

Grumpier Old Men (1995) [14191]
A title known to suffer from laser rot. Mine is no exception although at this stage it's still quite watchable.

The movie itself is not as good as the original, but still a pretty enjoyable film. A nice combination of comedy and drama.

Posted: 01 Jun 2020, 14:23 

Received these two titles in the mail the other day.

Post subject: Re: SECAM Laserdiscs?
Posted: 02 Jul 2020, 17:46 

teddanson wrote:
What does it mean for Laserdisc players? Which ones can play back SECAM discs,

I have this PAL/SECAM title. It plays fine on my CLD-S315

Posted: 25 Jul 2020, 12:00 

D-VHS at least had tapes released for it. I dont think video 2000 had any commercially released pre recorded tapes. I could be wrong but if there was I doubt it was many. I dont think I've ever seen one.
It certainly did. I've got about 20 or so of them. Just last week I was watching Nighthawks on the old VR2022.

Global announcement   Jump to topic

Posted:  

Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 15 matches ]