It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 12:39

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 9 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 14 Sep 2019, 19:39 

Not a problem I've ever encountered myself, but I've seen people ask similar questions about other items and they always say the best way to get rid of cigarette smell is leaving it outdoors for a day or two.

Posted: 14 Sep 2019, 20:00 

You aren't going to get rid of the smell 100% unless you can clean the player 100%.

Best options are to get some type of cleaner solution and wipe down the entire outside of player and take the top off and wipe the
inside of the metal casing.

Then you have the chip board and parts, I would try to wipe down as much as possible and hope for the best.
Unless you decide to make some type of box to fit the player in with baking soda and let it sit inside said box OR
wash all the inside somehow you won't get rid of the smell 100% but it will mostly be gone.

Posted: 14 Sep 2019, 20:21 

You have to run it. LD players are giant fans and running them hugely helps with this exact problem. I know since when I got my LD-W1 it smelled like a 1978 Trans Am.

It doesn’t sound like you’ll be able to live with the smell that long so please sell the smelly thing to me since I can handle it and I’d love to have another 99.

Posted: 14 Sep 2019, 20:41 

I haven't had a 99 but I'll buy it too.
Not going to give you mint price since it stinks and will need to be cleaned.

Posted: 16 Sep 2019, 10:18 

that image makes me happy. Nothin like laserdisc in action. My gears been packed up for a week and I miss it already.

Posted: 16 Sep 2019, 21:00 

sixersfan1 wrote:
It’s not dead yet! :D

Good :clap: Lets keep it that way :lol:

Posted: 22 Sep 2019, 18:35 

Kurtis is great!!! 8-)

He helped me procure some CLD-97 cosmetic parts awhile back to complete the look of my player. Very thankful for that.

Enjoy your player and hope you’ll notice the smell begin to wain soon. :thumbup:

Posted: 22 Sep 2019, 18:36 

sixersfan1 wrote:
And they said I wouldn't find a replacement tray. Thank you Kurtis Bahr for the brand new tray. No more isopropyl alcohol or anything else near this machine!

Good news :thumbup: .

Posted: 22 Sep 2019, 19:23 

Good news! I was hoping I was wrong when I wrote that.

In reality 99s have crappy spindles and those dying will cause us to eventually have way more spare doors than there will be working 99s.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 9 matches ]