It is currently 17 Apr 2024, 00:55

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 1 match

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 27 Oct 2019, 16:51 

As I am out looking for the cleanest copy I can find of The Buggles "Video Killed The Radio Star" I figure Laserdisk may be my best choice aside from a broadcast format.

I know that "video Killed the Radio Star" was released on this UK (only?) Laserdisk compilation
Videostars - Top Hits [ONTV-02]

One of my questions is how is the quality of the Buggles Video on that disk? Whenever and wherever I have seen this video it is plagued with Analog tape drop outs that I believe go all the way back to the production . These videotape dropouts are horizontal lines appearing in the picture.

Ultimately my goal is to get the best quality possible and do a restoration. I already restored the "official Vevo" copy from youtube as practice however that resolution with that compression is pretty limited. I have removed all tape dropouts, emulsion defects, dirt and hair in the film gate. My current Laserdisk Player is NTSC only and since this video is orignally PAL and PAL will give me the best quality I may be in the market for a PAL player if I end up buying a copy of this disk.

My goal is to begin restoring and archiving many of these videos , some of which are getting harder and harder to find.

Here are some videos where the official copies have been removed from YouTube
Dire Straits Money for Nothng
Men Without Hats - Safety Dance
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 1 match ]