It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:35

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 2 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 25 Sep 2019, 18:30 

The PRC hub is a real pain in the butt. The legs are so brittle you can't reliably pull one off another motor. I've tried numerous times to get one off the turntable with very little luck. You can also try to take the entire turntable off the motor, but that is almost as difficult (and resetting the proper height is a whole other kind of painful).

Ultimately, my best recommendation is to replace the entire motor assembly.

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 25 Sep 2019, 22:24 

Hi, I was watching an LD this weekend and when the disk finished and I ejected it, something inside sounded like it went spinning off at high speed.
After removing the cover and some considerable time later I was able to recover the spring and broken PRC hub, which had lodged itself deep inside.
As expected, the three clips are broken off rendering the part (VNL1684) useless.

I've tried PacParts and various other sources but every time I'm told the part is discontinued. OK, so the player is 20 years old so this isn't unexpected.

It's a real shame, as otherwise the player is cosmetically perfect and was working flawlessly. The only other failure I've experienced was the power supply, and that was
simply the startup cap that had dried out.

If anyone can help source or offer advice on how to obtain this part for me I'd be eternally grateful.

Dave.

If you were in the US I could ship you parts
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 2 matches ]