It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 11:34

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 11 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 22 Jan 2012, 04:32 

Laserdisc fans seem to think laserdisc rot can develop over time, it doesn't. It happens at the pressing stage and usually manifests itself within a few months. A year at the outset. It's impossible for it to develop later. The "usual suspects" are well documented and if you have a disc now and it plays fine, it'll stay fine. If it has laserdisc rot, it's been there since day one. Minor speckles are not rot but either faults on the original pressing or inclusion. If you have a laserdisc with laserdisc rot, it's simply unplayable.

Posted: 01 Jan 2018, 18:38 

Contact

Stephen Bright At Highview Video

Email highviewvideo@sky.com

Two of my machines ((925's) were badly damaged and he repaired them at a reasonable cost.
Superb work all round.

If he asks how you heard of him, just mention my name Roger Shore.

Roger

Posted: 01 Jan 2018, 19:04 

You won't regret it. One of my players I'd tried to get fixed 3 times but none would touch it with a barge pole but Stephen ran with it and had it repaired in a few weeks and I'm talking serious damage not just a general maintenance.

Roger

Posted: 08 Feb 2018, 01:53 

It's still the only way to capture a laserdisc image of a laserdisc as there is no way to link up a laserdisc player to a computer.

Posted: 17 Jun 2018, 13:07 

love the fact you keep this site running. Such an important site. I'd be lost without it for my laserdiscs.

Post subject: Re: Best quality Laserdiscs
Posted: 18 Jul 2018, 11:40 

Also look at the colour of a lot of discs. They seem to be more accurate on laserdisc. Look At The Matrix on laserdisc and then look at it on DVD or blu-ray, it's more teal than green.

Posted: 05 Aug 2018, 12:28 

Sadly after those dire recent movies and that awful in my opinion Star Trek Discovery, I've walked away from the franchise and I doubt if if Jean Luc Picard could make is so for me to watch the franchise again. I should point it's probably my age (nearly 60) and maybe young fans are happy with all this.

Posted: 05 Aug 2018, 16:42 

Fair enough so i'm not a lone voice then.....

Posted: 28 Apr 2022, 17:41 

I live in a temperate climate so those problems don't apply to me. Storing and looking after those silver platters is no problem here.

Posted: 29 Apr 2022, 16:06 

I live in a buffer zone so it never gets too hot (no humidity) during the summer or cold and extreme during the winter. I think the last time we had an extreme Summer and even then it wasn't humid was 1976 and you have to go back to 1962/63 for an extreme winter... I call it the laserdisc friendly zone...

Posted: 18 Oct 2022, 23:25 

useful Youtube post as I was thinking about the very subject the other day especially the MGM inner sleeves on their discs
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 11 matches ]