It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 11:47

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 4 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 07 Mar 2020, 04:33 

How many discs do you have? If you have 500 LDs and one side of one them skips then...that’s pretty good luck. If this box set is your entire collection then I think we haven’t seen a large enough statistical sample. If you see defects on the disc in the very area of the problem then I’d suspect the disc.

Alignment is usually more like something that ruins the picture quality of every second of the disc than something that will cause skipping only in one spot.

“One inch from the center hole” is still in the label. It must be further than that?

For the record, LDs start at the beginning and play outward. The labels are the reverse of where the data actually is.

Posted: 07 Mar 2020, 04:54 

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Pretty much what Zeta said. If you only have issues with that disc, it is more than likely not your player.

shinobipopcorn wrote:
I was under the impression this player is a tank

It really isn't. I think the industrial moniker can be a little misleading.

Posted: 05 May 2020, 05:01 

There isn't any way to disable auto flip, is there? It's a Pioneer CLD-D502. So far all I know that's wrong with it is that the door sometimes sticks on opening and there's something wrong with the flipper.

Just press the Side A button instead of Play.

It might be worth taking the top off and posting a video of the issue.

Posted: 05 May 2020, 05:07 

It's a Pioneer CLD-D502. So far all I know that's wrong with it is that the door sometimes sticks on opening and there's something wrong with the flipper.

Sounds like you have the typical loading belt issue. Do you hear like a grinding noise when the mechanism tries to flip to Side B?

I tried to find a service manual to work on it but it wasn't in the database and all the other sites were sketchy looking "gimmie your credit card" types...

We do have the CLD-D702 service manual on file which should have all the mechanical information for the 502. Here it is....

http://manuals.lddb.com/LD_Players/Pioneer/CLD/CLD-D702/CLD-D702-EN_Service_Manual_Scan.pdf

The CLD-D502 is definitely not one of the better players especially when you see how Pioneer stripped it down from the 501 (lost the optical output and 2nd set of AV outputs) but mechanically it's a good machine still.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 4 matches ]