It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 02:03

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 9 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 02 Jan 2020, 20:45 

You're headed in the right direction, but in order for the LaserDisc tray to operate, you need to move the laser pickup out of the way.

What happens if you press the LD eject button with the power on? Obviously you'll here the motor whir like crazy, but the pickup should move about 1/2 way down the track. With it in this position, spin the pulley and the tray should open.

Posted: 03 Jan 2020, 00:14 

You need to turn the pulley to get the mechanical unit in the up or play position. A little toward the back from the pulley you'll see the end of the white assembly that selects the tray to open. Press in on it toward the center and as you turn the pulley to let the assembly down you will fill it move inward. Once in the LD tray will open.

Posted: 04 Jan 2020, 03:06 

Don't worry about the laser, I'll have to check my other computer to see if I have any older pictures. Under the tray about 2 or 3 inches back from the pulley you'll see the end of the white lever that does the LD/CD tray control. Just try pushing it as mentioned, won't hurt anything, just apply a small amount of pressure and as the mechanical assembly starts to come down if will move inward then let go and continue to turn the pulley to eject the LD tray

Posted: 04 Jan 2020, 04:21 

Go to about 15mins in this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIMBrbRPRro

Posted: 06 Jan 2020, 04:41 

Yes, that last picture shown the tab to push inward under the tray.

Posted: 07 Jan 2020, 21:29 

"Disc Clamp Position" is when the mechanism lifts up to engage with the upper clamp. Spinning clockwise will open the drawer, spinning anti-clockwise will close the drawer and if you keep going it should lift the mechanism up and engage the upper clamp. If yours won't do that, the entire mechanism may be jammed, which is a whole other challenge.

I've seen the mechanism hang up on the pickup before when bouncing around in shipment. There is a worm gear on the laser pickup motor. With the CD tray open, try to spin the worm gear so the pickup moves toward the back of the player. See if that clears up the rest of the assembly.

Posted: 08 Jan 2020, 02:11 

As I mentioned initially, have the mechanism in the up/play position and then apply pressure as you lower the mechanism by turning the pulley. You will feel it move in as you are turning the pulley.

Posted: 12 Jan 2020, 02:21 

While the laser assembly was coming up did you try taking your other hand and lifting up on the laser assembly so that turning the pulley would be easier?

Posted: 14 Jan 2020, 22:26 

Once the laser assembly is all the way up, lower it back down and the full tray should open. This operation resets the "white tab" back to the "Laserdisc" position.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 9 matches ]