It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 10:10

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 6 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 30 Jan 2020, 00:03 

I would open the top cover and watch the movements when playing the laserdisc to the end of side A.
A video might be of help to diagnose the problem.
It can be something gummed up preventing it from doing a flip, loose or missing parts, and also the loading/motor belt might not have enough tension to help make the turn. A belt with less tension might be working erratically and giving you problems when trying to flip the disc.
Since no action is happening when you press the side B button, it can also relate to an electrical fault somewhere.

Posted: 31 Jan 2020, 05:37 

The laser might not be centered over the spindle motor. This is a mechanical adjustment. I'd wait for krbahr to weigh in though- he is the expert.

Posted: 31 Jan 2020, 05:39 

Side B centering might be the problem.
I’m a total newbie, haha. What’s this mean, and how can I fix it?

Means the laser can't properly detect a disc when flipping the optical block for a B-side play, it then gives up -- clueless.

My opinion : this player probably needs professional calibration for B-side. For now, it's a single-sided player at least!

Julien

Posted: 03 Feb 2020, 05:48 

If you have a clean picture on side A with no crosstalk playing a CLV recorded LD then the tilt should be OK, but the tangential adjustment is separate for side B. It would have to be that or the pickup. You probably would have to go into test mode and then turn the servo's on to see if you can adjust the tangential alignment.

The other issue could be the ribbon cable from the turn mechanism to the main board. Could be worth a chance to test.

Posted: 07 Feb 2020, 00:39 

Short the metal post in the red box in the attached image to the chassis of the player while turning it on. Be careful you only touch the post with whatever you are using. I have a wire with alligator clips on each end that works nicely, but you can probably get by using a paperclip.

Posted: 17 Feb 2020, 03:58 

The test post must connect to the metal chassis of the player while you are turning the unit on. After that, you can remove whatever you are using to connect the two. You will see a bunch of diagnostic white text on the screen.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 6 matches ]