It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 21:06

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 7 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Re: Fawlty towers is racist
Posted: 13 Jun 2020, 07:47 

The more people get tangled in diversity politics it is funny how diversity of thought is vehemently attacked.
The sjw's defend diversity, yet diversity of thought is not on the menu of decent behavior, forget manners.

Unless one is lock step with the social justice warriors spoonfed narrative then one is ostracized and labeled a "white supremacist", a racist, or the cliche "nazi".
What a clever way to marginalize anyone NOT in the collective ........
So insecure one must be if a discussion involving different opinions threatens someone so badly to the core.

This movement is alien to me.
I understand the hardship many peoples have endured throughout history.
The past has been violent, cruel, and without mercy for thousands of years.
Mankind has ruled by conquest for as long as history has been recorded.

Does this mean we keep "living there", dredging up old injuries, pain, and hardships ?
When will we stop living in the past and start living for today with our eyes and minds on tomorrow ?

People need to decide at what point do we "live and let live".
The 20th century is ripe with examples of collective power grabs.
Genocide, communism, and fascism played out there and were eventually defeated at great cost.
Do we need to tear down our western society and learn the same lessons again ?

Time will tell.

I have Irish, English, French Canadian, Hudson Bay Inuit, and some other bloodlines mixed up in my DNA/RNA epigenome.
However I am an American, and in America we ALL have the privilege of a legal system predicated upon the individual NOT the collective.
Equal opportunity is a work in progress however getting better as time marches on.
This is a relatively new experiment to humanity.
Yes there is imbalance, greed, and injustice however it is a work in progress. Not perfect in any sense.
Civil rights have improved legally more in the last 40 years then anytime since this colony broke from England.
Work is needed, government needs reform, education needs reform, and our corporations need restraint.
Dont ask me how people..... easy to point what needs fixing, hardest to fix though.

Do we tear it all down in the name of diversity excluding diversity of thought and free speech ?

When the French had their revolution, they guillotined the aristocracy for nearly three years, bringing the "knife" to every village to "eat the rich".
This was a failed revolution because the revolutionaries did not know how to rule. (My opinion)

The world, especially the states are at a tipping point.
Will reason and manners prevail ?
Will intolerance and ignorance sweep us into a collective cluster F**k ?

People need to take notice and decide how they can make their opinions count.
The mob is gearing up, we have seen the looting and beatings of storefront owners bludgeoned into unconsciousness.

The gig is up kids.
We gotta lay it on the line. Everyone to their own ability and capacity. As individuals if we wish to keep freedom an option, we need to s**t or get off the pot........ the mob is coming, and they dont care ......

Fortune favors the strong.

Cheers to the membership

Posted: 13 Jun 2020, 13:46 

Yep. Violent rape scenes and underage nudity as well as excessive violence has been censored in Australia for a long time. To me that was totalitarian, telling people what they could witness.

NOW, companies are self-censoring shows that MOCK racism. Just in case 1 or 2 people on earth somehow, mind bendingly, interpret something like Faulty Towers as championing racism.

World Gone Mad. Absolutely. This s**t has to stop or we are on an express elevator to oblivion and 1984 in reality.

But no, it's not going to stop unless sane people speak up. I speak up at my workplace. I call out ridiculous s**t. You need to speak up, resist this bull s**t. Don't be the silent majority, be the saviours of our civilisation. It's up to us.

Posted: 14 Jun 2020, 02:38 

Oh, the irony.

Someone's been drinking the Kool-Aid

Do I whinge or am I outraged at Spike Lee movies? Nope, love em all since high school same as every other person I've met. Never met anyone white "outraged" at Spike Lee movies actually.

Just about every white guy that's ever been in a Chinese/Hong Kong movie has been portrayed as evil. Do I tell Chinese people they can't do that? f**k no. Do I enjoy Chinese movies? Sure do. I notice the racial bias but I don't take it personally, they're Chinese people, they want the Chinese guy to be the hero. I don't get on my high horse and lecture them.

That would be called trying to force someone what to think which is exactly what the left are trying to do now, with the ultimate goal of Marxist revolution. They're telling you over and over again that something that is not racist, is racist until you believe it. And if you keep denying it then if they get the power you will go to re education camp for until you comply and agree. That is what they are willing to do. Can't you see that? It happens in Communist China this very moment. They want us to all live in a Communist tolalitarian state with them as the arbiters of moral superiority at the top and shielded from the actual horrors of Communism.

Posted: 14 Jun 2020, 10:33 

Sonicboom, people here just exposed your nonsensical "arguments" way more eloquently than I could ever do in this language, but I still wanna add my thoughts in the mixture.

I've seen a lot of opinions like yours on social media on things like racism, diversity, gender equality and other social concerns.

Out of honest curiosity, are you an african-american ? I'm guessing not.

So then, what gives you the right to speak on the behalf of african-american about how they are portrayed in the media and what they think about it ? Virtue signaling and white knighting aren't valid excuses. Perhaps you should instead just listen and allow them to educate you on how that kind of behavior can be harmful and offensive?

See how easy it is, by playing by those rules, how easy it is to turn your words against you. And this kind of "counter argument" really happens on social media and people end up virtue signaling each other until no end.

This kind of "argument" is real b******t to me and I'm sick and tired of hearing this all the time. This "Hurr durr, your not this, so you can't speak about that" kind of thinking is just actively digging bigger gaps between people and separating them more and more.
I mean just look what the "anti-racists" way of thinking almost ended up doing; in a universty in the US (don't remember wich one), there was talk about separating "people of color" from whites, because "they should have the rights to graduate between themselves without white intervention and colonialist way of thinking" or something like that.
They wanted the apartheid all over again, but they'd do it with a mile on their faces fighting "white supremacy".

"Anti-racists" today is just a codeword for racism against white people.
You know what, I'm going to stop here. I was going to continue and destroy one by one each of the so called arguments people like you use, but it's not worth it and I have other things to do.

Just let me say this, stop your "virtue signaling", for your own sake. You just look like a fool acting like this white savior trying to educate us poor uneducated savages.

And come one, triangle and square ?
You see us like that or what.
e80cd151e4e22cf6e50f811c3fe7f67e.jpg

Posted: 01 Jan 2021, 05:19 

What is a clamping issue and can I replace the belt myself? I never opened a player and I am not an electrician/technician.

First off, you better start being a little more curious on what a player looks like from the inside because it will be easier to understand when we try to describe certain things. And you don't have to be a technician on any particular level to do that in the least.

A clamper is what grabs on to the center of the disc just prior to the player attempting to spin it. Here is an example from a CLD-D704 chassis......

https://i.vgy.me/vqIWET.jpg

If you open your player and watch what it does, it will on your particular player raise the disc up to it. At that point, it is clamped and ready to spin. However, if your loading belt is a tad loose, it may not be able to push the spindle mechanism (the part that spins the disc from underneath) firmly enough to the clamp to get a good grip. Whether this causes the bad vibration or not is hard to say.

In addition, you might want to look for a couple of other things that can be related. Look for any loose screws on the mechanism in general and tighten them as that could be causing the noise. Also, on the rubber mat on the spindle motor, this could become dirty or dried up to the point it can also cause a poor grip on the disc. You can try to clean this with a tad amount of alcohol and a swap to see if that makes the rubber grip better.

As for changing the belt, it shouldn't be difficult but I don't know for certain on your player. Some players are easy to access it like the CLD-D704 shown above (just have to remove the clamper to get to it) but others like the CLD-D604 has the belt under the tray and you have to remove it to get to it (not really that difficult but if you have never done it before you can mis-align the tray when you reassemble it). Just have to open it to look. Lastly, the belt you need should be part number VEB-1184. Do a search on the web to find one.

Good luck ;)

Global announcement   Jump to topic

Posted:  

Posted: 15 Mar 2021, 22:12 

My LaserDisc upgrade equals getting the latest version on LD before termination of the format.
Peak sound and visual experience available at the time of tech development.

If I own multiple copies of a title, it is to posses the latest version for best audio /visual experience on LaserDisc...

No kidding. I'm still at 4 out of 5 different versions of Royal Space Force, just need the OG...

I don't understand this thread. One does not upgrade FROM a Laserdisc, you can only upgrade TO it because it is the ultimate format.

Yes, I did buy the Back to the Future 4K box set today, I don't know what that has to do with anything.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 7 matches ]