It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 06:38

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 1 match

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Hello LD Fans!
Posted: 23 Jun 2020, 17:52 

Hi Everyone,

I've been here before to seek your kind help on the player purchased from eBay earlier this year... so not my first time.

anyway, a couple of eBay failures later - I have finally purchased working Pioneer CLD-R7G 2 months back and couldn't be happier! Only upon adding all my current collection to LDDB I realised - it is already over whooping 160 discs! Mostly anime and all released in Japan. This made motivated to keep sending missing info updates/covers and get to know the community.

I've always been into vintage formats and as a kid from the early 90s I've looked up at technology I could never afford back then. Laserdiscs initially attract with their sleek and colourful oversized covers and booklets, specials that I can't find on any of the current DVD/Blu Ray releases! Also not that long ago I realised how good the analogue picture can look like (no compression artefacts right?) with a proper setup although still struggling to get a proper deinterlacer in accessible price :think: so using one of those Amazon under £99... always a space for improvement.

I'm into mainly 80s/90s Anime and that's majority of my collection although recently I started picking up more and more classic cinema and live music LDs.

Great to be here with like minded people. Fantastic job to all you guys for maintaining and archiving such a huge database even now 20 years (or just under?) after last LD release ever.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 1 match ]