It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 04:27

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 2 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 10 Mar 2022, 22:03 

I wanted to update this post with some great news.... I spent a few hours today going through about 90% of our LD's using the new BarCode Scanner I bought for about $15.00 from Amazon... About 2/3rd of our collection had barcodes on the discs and so far that gave me about 300 titles so far, Now I have to go back and plug in the discs with out bar code using the LV number system .. .at this point I am thinking our collection will be pretty close to 500 titles!

I may need some help on creating a "New Collection" with these titles" but so far I am very pleased on how things are working out... I cant believe how well the scan the barcode works and how good the LDDb software is working.... I"ll be back with more information as I clean up what we have but it really is amazing how this is all working out... We started collecting in the late 70's.

Thanks again for the help you have provided me so far...

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 15 Apr 2022, 12:15 

Good morning folks, I want to say this site has been extremely helpful in getting my collection figured out and at least some what organized... at this point were just under 420 titles and were going to go through and verify everything as we have time.. .but I wanted to start thinking of our next step.... and ask a crazy question... is there anyway to input a catalog and get a range of estimated prices... with 420 or more titles it will take me forever to get them priced. Our collection are of personal discs purchased by us for us and we started in the late 70's and through about late 80's . Most of the titles were only watched 1 or 2 times and all in the original covers and sleeves.

What about making our collection public and if someone is interested in a title they could contact us for specific information or pricing. Shipping is an issue, how do you folk ship these things... I am thinking they could go media mail but not sure about packaging yet. I used a bar code reader where possible to gather the catalog database and the ones with out a bar code we entered the other numbers associated with that title.. we should be pretty close on details.

We are in the Nashville Tn area and by all means if there is someone that would like to purchase them as a lot we could start a discussion on that... but be reasonable.

Thanks in advance for your input and look forward to hearing suggestions.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 2 matches ]