It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 06:44

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 7 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 06 Feb 2019, 17:46 

Here is an article in the news from today at Engadget:

https://www.engadget.com/2019/02/06/ultraviolet-closure-digital-media-dvds/

Just mentally replace 'DVD' with 'LD' in your mind when you read it. Same point being made here regarding the streaming services going away and/or controlling the flow of content that is available.

Post subject: Re: What up.
Posted: 04 May 2020, 19:32 

Hey welcome to the site!

Hopefully you find a nice player soon, it'd be maddening to have all those LD's laying around without a way to watch 'em.

Posted: 04 May 2020, 19:37 

Hello.

You may have had most of the LDs that you were looking for but with 1000 discs falling into your lap there are sure to be a few among them of interest, if nothing else you have got plenty to view for awhile when you get a player.

Hope you bag one soon.

Have fun digging through the LDs.

Cheers :thumbup: .

Posted: 04 May 2020, 20:12 

Old foreign black and white movies are one of of LD’s specialties. You’ll fit in fine, at least half the people here love Kurosawa.

Posted: 05 May 2020, 13:45 

Kurosawa is easily one of the great directors. One of my favorite Japanese directors along with Mizoguchi, Ichikawa and Obayashi.

Posted: 30 Jun 2020, 01:09 

There are a couple users here that repaired players at some point in the past but I don't know of anyone taking on new repairs sadly. I need my LD-S1 repaired at some point, but haven't found anyone willing to do it.

Posted: 30 Jun 2020, 10:47 

Recently i email Pioneer NZ asking if i ever needed support services for my R7G if they could help or recommend where to inquire, just for a laugh.
Repairs or services.
Didn't expect a reply to be honest.

"Thank you for contacting us with your repair enquiry. This model has not been sold in NZ so we could have difficulty sourcing parts and manuals for it.
Please forward your unit to Monaco Corporation Service Team, our address details are at the bottom of the email.

I forwarded my email to them, and had plenty of banter and laughs back and forth. :)
They locally do pioneer warranty repairs etc,

Long story short the guy i was emailing said Japan still has alot of spares and would look forward to servicing a LD player again just to show the apprenticeship workers and for nostalgia.
Said would be as easy as he can on the pocket.

Possibly worth a shot
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 7 matches ]