It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:02

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 1 match

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Re: DVDO VP50 Pro
Posted: 28 Jul 2020, 17:59 

[list=1][*]Can the VP50 Pro spit out video over HDMI and fire out audio separately via SPDIF and/or Phono? The idea being using an HDMI capture device purely for video, and my Zoom U-44 for audio and marry the two in Premiere Pro or Adobe Rush etc.

Yes. You can send the video signal out from the VP50 via HDMI and the audio can be output from the phono digital out. This is so you can send the video to your TV/Monitor/Projector and the audio to your AV amp.

I have LD video signal (S-video or composite going into video input4 on vp50) and both analog (via l&r phono) and digital audio (via coaxial) going into the VP50, i then select via the vp50's OSD either the Video 4 (digital) or Stereo (analog) settings. The digital coax out from the VP50 is then fed into one input on my AV amp - so you have one input on your amp for BOTH LD analog and digital sound. I still then have to send the AC3 signal direct from my LD player to the amp via an RF demodulator. SO i have three audio feeds from the LD player, two going to the VP50, and the AC3 goes separately.

Any audio going through the VP50 will need to be lip synced (delayed) by about 90 - 110 ms (about a tenth of a second). The VP50 will calculate this delay automatically, but you can make fine adjustments manually using the VP50 settings menu.

[*]Can you manually mask off the screen? For example, to mask a Widescreen LD that has Japanese subtitles outside the picture area. A good example being Star Wars Definitive Collection Box.

Yes you can! its in the 'Borders' setting.

[*]Does anyone have any nice recommended settings for the VP50 Pro? Any interesting tweaks, tips etc?

It depends on the type, size and what your monitor/TV is. For example, I use a Pioneer 42in Plasma which has a 720 native display. Although the TV will happily receive a 1080p signal, the screen itself is 720. I have my VP50 set at 720p NTSC 60hz output.

Hope this helps.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 1 match ]