It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 22:42

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 5 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Re: Dolby Digital Intros
Posted: 22 Jan 2019, 08:17 

The THX Broadway intro on YouTube that you linked to is waaaay different than the one on LDs ..
THX Broadway intro on LD doesn't say 'the audience is listening' , rather it does say 'Mastered and duplicated for optimal video and audio performance'

My YouTube search was too lazy, links updated!

Also updated the THX Broadway thumb picture.

Julien

Posted: 29 Jul 2020, 01:59 

I haven't checked right this minute but you should be able to find what you need on aliexpress. There are sellers that have loads of different power supply units, as long as you know the ratings you need and also the tip polarity. Yes US/Japan and Euro type voltages. Australia uses the same mains voltage as the UK but the wall plug/socket is different, New Zealand is the same as Australia. AU/NZ type plugs are a little less common as an option on ali but they are there if you dig in (search there can be pretty random so you may need to spend some time).

Shipping is probably the bigger issue atm.

Posted: 29 Jul 2020, 12:37 

7A doesn't seem like the most common ampage for such things, but maybe 10A
can work?
This one (aliexpress.com) , with the catchy product name " 3V 4.5V 5V 6V 7.5V 8V 9V 10V 12V 10A AC DC Adaptor Adjustable Power Adapter Universal Power Supply 3-12V 10A 9-24V 5A 34pcs Jack ", has a variety of tips though, and the 10A version does 3-12V.

Not qualified to say whether those excess 3A will damage your VP50 though.

The sellers have this to say on the subject:
Note:

Power regardless of brand are universal. Please check the following 3 points:
1. Plug type.
2. voltage is same.
3. current is greater than or equal to the power of your original
As long as the conditions can be met in general, we do not know you what kind of equipment for power supply, so please
check above 3 elements.

Posted: 29 Jul 2020, 15:14 

Provided it will supply *at least* 7A at the right voltage, you're fine. It could be rated at 100A and it would be fine.

Posted: 29 Jul 2020, 15:32 

https://www.astrodynetdi.com/pdf/SPU45.pdf

SPU45-103 it has a coaxial 2.5mm plug. They make several model. I suggest contacting:

Brittany Febus | Customer Service Representative, Low Power
36 Newburgh Road | Hackettstown | NJ, 07840 USA
PH: 1(908)850-5088 x1230

You're welcome.

I paid ~$65 and had to wait 6 weeks for delivery from China. This is a distributor of OEM products made in China.

The specs are identical to DVDO's SINPRO power supplies. I bought one for a VP50 that was otherwise non-functional. This worked PERFECTLY and the plug fits nice and snug. The $6 power supply from amazon didn't work and didn't fit well.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 5 matches ]