It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 16:48

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 3 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Re: Akira 4K Remaster
Posted: 07 Jun 2020, 18:41 

Akira was supposed to be animated for 70mm but the budget did not allow it. So it was animated in 35mm and the 70mm was just a blowup of the 35mm version with a 6 track sound mix in Dolby Stereo.

It is not all that strange a practice either because Final Yamato also had a 70mm version and that was done on 35mm also. Although 70mm prints for anime are rather rare.

as for the 4K UHD disc there is a noticeable amount of noise reduction. Being scanned directly from the negative it should have natural film grain. Not in the amount you would get with a 35mm release print or 70mm blowup, but it should not look like it was animated on a computer or in cgi.

It is such a disappointment because the 4K has nicer colors and better overall definition but they had to degrain it to the point of the blu ray being preferable.

Posted: 29 Aug 2023, 02:31 

I got Temple of Doom and Last Crusade Hong Kong Laserdisc releases. I haven't watched them yet, i think they are Cantonese hardsubbed and English audio in pan and scan format.

I also got Bubblegum Crash volume 1 Illegal Army with no OBI. Japanese edition. I do have the US release and always found the video transfer wanting.

I also just bought and don't have in my hands yet Temple of Doom Korean Laserdisc.

Posted: 29 Sep 2023, 23:53 

Star Wars Trilogy Definitive Collection with the making of trilogy. Japan laserdisc set.

I finally recently got my Temple of Doom disc in and its very beautiful the cover is immaculate. No corner dings, no scratches on the disc. Minor rot. Its the Korean release the seller said it was from 1993 and its CIC Video. Before the ultimate of Star Wars sets it was my crown jewel.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 3 matches ]