It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 08:34

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 2 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 19 Jul 2020, 11:24 

First, I really appreciate the quick replies and advice. Here's the current update:

I found a local repair shop that services laserdiscs. I don't know how good they are, but I had set up an appointment with them. I took the player out of storage and decided to hook it up to make sure it powered on, spun up, and played a disc. To my surprise, the picture wasn't noisy at all - it was rather crisp, and slightly less perfect than my CLD-D704.

My thoughts: When I last had it hooked up, I had a 2003 Mitsubishi 55" 1080i rear projection TV, and was hooked up via S-Video. My current setup is a 2020 LG 65" 4K LED, using the composite RCA in. It's possible that either the S-Video out is not up to snuff, or the older Mitsubishi couldn't handle it well. Possibly the filter on the new TV is doing some heavy lifting. Either way, I was stunned by what I saw. I canceled my appointment and hooked up the SONY in my bedroom - same TV, but 43".

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 23 Mar 2021, 23:46 

Looks like this topic hasn't been visited in a while. I'm about to try replacing a grip ring with the plasti dip / liquid tape method, but have a few questions.

1. After extended use, is one better to use than the other (plasti dip vs liquid tape).
2. Does this get painted onto the old ring, or does the old ring get removed and spindle cleaned?
3. Is there anything you need to do after painting a thin layer and allowing it to dry?

Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 2 matches ]