It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:10

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 14 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 21 Jul 2020, 12:03 

Hi Dag & nice to hear of your past with the LD format.

Enjoy your time on here & looking forward to any further posts.

Cheers :thumbup: .

Posted: 28 Jul 2020, 14:16 

How much is it???
How strong are you????

If its cheap and you are strong like ox then get it.

Posted: 29 Jul 2020, 07:47 

Looks like the screen is heavily marked. Was it already like that or did you transport it without taking into account the weight being mostly at the front? Or even worse, transport face down?
Yeah, this was all me, see above.

All exuberance; poor execution :S

Have a very close look at the glass and see if most of the damage is the anti-glare film (or whatever it's called). You can remove the film from crt's like that, it's a trick a lot of people do so they can lower brightness to extended tube life but also handy if there are some screen marks.
Of course once the film is removed reflections from lights and daylight will be more of an issue. Use a light behind the tv and you won't notice.

Posted: 29 Jul 2020, 11:30 

I remember reading somewhere that you can remove scratches from glass with toothpaste. Although I think that's for light scratches.

Post subject: New to LDDB from the UK
Posted: 05 Aug 2020, 18:16 

Hi all, just joined today. I am specifically interested in hardware repair and I am currently working on a CLD-1750 PAL/NTSC UK model.

I look forward to interacting with you all.
Cheers,
Martin.

Posted: 08 Aug 2020, 13:19 

I have the CLD-950 as well, it unfortunately doesn't play analog PAL titles. I mean, it plays them, but without sound, which is super lame because there's probably a couple of analog PAL discs I'd like to have.

A nice little gem amongst the pebbles was a widescreen edition of Star Trek IV that wasn't in the database:
https://i.ibb.co/Lt4WvwZ/20200807-223752.jpg
:?

Posted: 08 Aug 2020, 18:10 

Those episodes are different than the movie, I would watch the movie as separate thing.

Post subject: Re: Which player to choose?
Posted: 13 Aug 2020, 08:58 

The Pioneer cl-j55ld is really sexy

Posted: 13 Aug 2020, 15:42 

Shipping costs from japan to Norway are going to be huge but those 4 LD Boxes + Lensman special edición LD is a great treasure for the future

Posted: 16 Aug 2020, 22:05 

Can you try another cable, I wonder if its dirty on the connection or even the connector end of the player.

Try cleaning to see if that helps.
Do you have contact cleaner???

Sometimes on some CRT sets you will see a little noise but its hard to tell from the video you posted if its normal or worse than should be.
Thats why it makes me think contact or bad cable?

Posted: 17 Aug 2020, 02:27 

I think the poster means the noise of the player and not any visual or audible noise from the TV. Anyway, the noise just sounds like the clamper not precisely centering the disc or some other alignment issue.

Take the top cover off and see what it's doing. Also, do all the discs create this noise? How does it sound when playing a CD?

Posted: 17 Aug 2020, 14:05 

Open it up and give it a visual inspection. There could be a build up of dirt preventing the clamp from securing onto the disc and it may need cleaning. Observe what it does with the cover off you may notice something.

Posted: 17 Aug 2020, 19:07 

Well... if it doesn’t play CD, I think that could very well be a centering issue (but what odotb3 said is very relevant as well). I think Kurtis has mentioned before that the key is to get the CD running first and that might fix the LD issue (picture didn’t look good on LD and that can very well be centering).

Here is the link to hifiengine.com that has the service manual available. You’ll need to create an account to download it.

https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/pioneer/cld-1070.shtml

Global announcement   Jump to topic

Posted:  

Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 14 matches ]