It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 00:21

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 3 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Hey Dave!
Posted: 27 Sep 2020, 15:47 

Dave, you said that you wanted to do something to get some LD content on digital. Are you familiar with converter modules, like the ones you can buy at Best Buy? They are made to get an RCA feed into them, and then give out a USB feed into your computer to record the footage, usually from a VCR, but you can do it with an LD player! The one I use is called Vid Box. Buzz me if you have any questions!

Posted: 01 Oct 2020, 03:10 

I found an LD on ebay that is a belly dancing LD called "Belly Dancing: You can do it!" I dug for the DVD on ebay and nothing came up. I'm getting it as a gift for a friend that bellydances.

I guess it was far too much of a rare, unpopular and obscure title to have the company go through the trouble of putting it on DVD??

Posted: 08 Aug 2022, 04:09 

Admins, you can scrap this thread if you think it is lame, a SPAM plug, or such (or if it has been discussed before)! In 1992, I was trying to start a rap organization called W.E. C.R.A.Z.Y. (Wildly Endorsing College Rap And Zealous Yearnings) at what was USL in Lafayette, Louisiana, at the time (which is now UL). I knew of a recording studio called Lil' Jabos (or close to that), that referred me to "Disc Makers" (discmakers.com), who then sent me a catalog. They mass produce CDs and such for 3rd party/independent artists! Anyway, one of their ads came up in FB today, so I buzzed them with the idea! I am quite impressed with the laserdisc community, and how it has survived over the years! I just think it would ROCK if the enthusiasts got together and made some sort of partial revitalization! Maybe it is just a dumb idea, but I'm bipolar, and get a lot of off the hip ideas, that I think could actually be worth the trouble, but they usually just sound good in my head, and aren't worth the hoo-rah!

While I am on the general subject, does anyone here know of any 3rd party entities that build laserdisc machines from scratch?
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 3 matches ]