It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 02:13

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 9 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 21 Sep 2020, 17:58 

I got a real hum dinger! There is a VHS/LD release that in it's entirety, never made it to DVD! It's a 1985 rated R T&A flick called "Screen Test". It seems to be made in the USA but only released in Norway.

What kind of legal trouble do you think the companies would give laserdisc owners for ripping their laserdiscs to a home made DVD so they can watch them? I don't see it as unethical, but some slimy corporate lawyer might!
I think I have that movie as well.

And fair use copying is legal. So long as you're not selling them, you're ok. Hell, even if you're selling them, no one really cares too much. Go to any sci-fi/horror convention and they'll be TONS of bootleg movies to be found for sale there.

Posted: 27 Sep 2020, 14:17 

oh boy!

this site has become %99 re-seller and %1 actual buyer. Good luck with that supply and demand.

Posted: 27 Sep 2020, 14:49 

Yeah that's not how it works.

Get into another collectible market to buy and flip for profit.
If you want to make real money get a business license for your town or state and start buying wholesale and selling like the wayfair guys.
Search up that radio interview they just did, they make a little more than you will ever dream of.

Posted: 27 Sep 2020, 15:04 

Seek traditional employment.

Posted: 27 Sep 2020, 16:03 

It could be profitable but what we are saying is you are pretty late into the game. There has been a flood of resellers in the past year or two whereas actual collectors shrunk in number. Also, there is very little reason to collect LDs besides nostalgia. You pretty much need to create a hype on some titles to bring up their values. It’s an extremely fluctuating market with only a handful title ever keeping the highly sought after status. And believe me it’s highly unlikely you will come across those super highly sough after titles. They are not blockbusters or disney like you posted but extremely obscure and less than common titles hence rare. I don’t think you will lose any money if you are put the effort into it but 1000 discs? It’s gonna take a couple years to sell at a few bucks a piece.

Posted: 27 Sep 2020, 16:42 

laserhazer - the post from substance above is a perfect summation, don't think you will get it put any better.

Posted: 28 Sep 2020, 19:53 

Just do craigslist, run an ad saying what you are looking for, its free too.

EDIT: I did an ad once on craigslist when living in TN, tried to play off the I want some for a project so I wouldn't have to overpay.
Only had one person contact and said they had players for sale and that he did adjustments and repairs, also
knew of lddb but seemed to be sort of sketchy, I don't think it was the one fourmer draper but it may have been.

Anyway its years down the pike and I think finding collections in rural places are going to be harder and harder.
Anybody in places like NYC or LA are going to either be younger diehards, died to get rid of collection or someone who lost interest after
seeing the BR of star wars.

Very few are stupid enough to keep moving the mass of common titles that you can get on DVD, BR or streaming for nothing.
Moving = weight, weight costs money so you have to be super attached to that collection to pay to move it again.

If and when I ever move again I will probably dump the common titles to someone or dump on ebay in lots, would try here first, but I
was down to but now up to 280 in my collection, will be knocking that down again very soon, want to be at 200 or less, but its hard
I like too many of them :lol:

Posted: 28 Sep 2020, 22:07 

In my area LD has been pretty dry for LD on Craigslist. I assume this is because of Friendface.

Posted: 01 Oct 2020, 06:09 

Things like that tend to be from companies that come and go faster than formats do. They may be from a very small production company that doesn’t exist anymore or maybe from a huge one like Pioneer. Pioneer published and produced a crapload of stuff including an entire anime production company just to bolster LD. They produced a ton of great titles that have never been on any other format because that era of Pioneer didn’t really survive much past the end of LD. The rights are probably scattered to the winds by now on these titles for the music rights alone in many cases.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 9 matches ]