It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 15:53

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 827 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 04 Apr 2024, 12:47 

So I haven't added a new title for some time, its been like this all the time but makes no sense.

You ask for:
1 International Title
2 Cover Title
3 Original Title

If you can change the order to make them in sequence so that:

Cover Title is 1
Original title is 2
International title is 3

Your current method is imbecilic.

You don’t do a great job of explaining your thinking there. I don’t have any opinion one way or the other. I certainly wouldn’t be insulting the admin about it directly.

Posted: 12 Apr 2024, 15:07 

Why are there so many people who are into LD and absolutely paranoid as hell about every single aspect of it? If I was that worried about a format I absolutely wouldn’t buy into it. Its LD not HD-DVD.

Your movie didn’t rot because it was sitting on a tray…neither will the player die or hot discs cause ring wear.

The worst thing about leaving your tray open and forgetting about it is that it’s a great way to accidentally destroy the hell out of your player by bumping into it or opening a door into it or closing a door on it. If that didn’t happen…then you win! Go back to playing your discs.

Posted: 12 Apr 2024, 15:25 

Pan and Scan is always bad. Full frame can be good. Original aspect ratio is correct in all cases.

If a movie is on two discs usually that means it’s CAV. You take the crunchy with the smooth.

The point of this thread was more about which home video version of a a film is the most complete and correct.

For example, if you like the early Marx Bros movies with all four of them the best versions are the compiled Blu-ray. I say this because they are the most restored version of the films that will likely ever exist. Stuff from early home video is likely to be not only burier but also be suffering from cuts censors made in the 40s.

It’s rare that an LD will be the best way to see something due to the super low resolution, scarcity, expanse. There are some though like Star Wars and THX1138.

Posted: 16 Apr 2024, 01:35 

Ahh….I see. You’re saying you dislike the priority chosen for each language as to what gets the native language.

Sadly there’s no pleasing everyone. The LD standard for multilingual changed from L/R to A/D once the technology allowed. This allowed for LDs that are multilingual AND stereo.

Different people value different soundtracks differently. People like me expect the original language to have priority and get the Digital tracks whereas some other idiot might want the movie entirely dubbed into French just because he’s in Quebec and he’d want the original language in the Analog…not for reasons of quality but because his up to date player defaults to it.

The territory of the disc, the era of the disc, the intended buyer, all play into how the producer decides to arrange the sound.

Posted: 18 Apr 2024, 17:37 

To be honest until this thread I didn’t realize there was a common thread between all these films I dislike.

I just checked his Wiki and…yeah, I hate all this crap. I could have sworn some of these were Michael Bay but I guess there are basically two Michael Bays and one of them is named Roland.

Posted: 18 Apr 2024, 17:42 

f**k no.

Posted: 18 Apr 2024, 22:04 

Ernest Goes to Camp is a classic. I miss that guy.

Posted: 20 Apr 2024, 11:12 

Some of the early DVD menus were amazing. I was blown away when I first saw the menus on the Alien Legacy box set and the Abyss.

Correct. Some DVD menus are almost like a piece of art. You can see that
they really put a lot of effort into creating those.

And I’m sooooo glad it’s a lost art form. I don’t need starting a movie to take longer. Depending on the disc and the player you can waste over five minutes trying to start a film…which is longer than it takes to start a movie in any other previously invented format. Even threading a projector is faster than starting any Disney DVD.

“The customer’s time does not matter so consider it ours.” was the attitude, which I find deeply offensive. Also, threatening children with the FBI and lengthy prison sentences every time they watch a movie is just so screwed up. It’s the first thing they see every time they put in any Disney DVD. The word “PRISON”. And you can’t skip it. Not even the 1000th time you watch the movie. Satanic. Do you know who NEVER sees that warning? Pirates. Only people who pay get threatened with prison. The version downloaded via BT has had all that crap removed.

Customers, deeply ignorant as usual, excuse this because they think the movie is “loading” when you can’t skip stuff. In reality the DVD’s author has decided to deliberately make those things unskipable. Pointless delays are a FEATURE of the DVD format. Anyone who has authored one knows this.

While Forper does inspire conversation, which this forum badly needs, all the conversation he inspires is stupid. He should be banned for the 8th time and also Tasuke should lose his image posting privileges until he shoots some new stuff. He’s put the same pictures of stretched anime, sagging speaker cables and in super large format in so many threads that all you can do is say, “Thank God it wasn’t another series on creepy naked dolls.”

Post subject: Re: Laser Rot
Posted: 24 Apr 2024, 17:39 

Still better than anything Gisnep has shat out with the license. :D

That can’t be true. I quit Star Wars completely after Episode II so I haven’t seen anything newer but…those two movies SUUUUUUCKKKED. Some of the worst acting ever put to film. It’s just inconceivable that at least one of the Disney movies isn’t better. For the ax grinding incels I know they’ll never be happy but as actual movies go…I simply don’t believe you. That part where young Vader is going on like “…you’re soft, not like sand…” some of the worst most stilted crap ever seen in a big budget Hollywood thing.

Posted: 27 Apr 2024, 00:46 

I was looking at my LDs and saw that the back of the boxes has the full episode list and it does show that the last volume is two LDs, five episodes, to be released that July, which LDDB also says was the date. It doesn’t show an image of the cover though.
Page 33 of 34 [ Search found 827 matches ]