It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 19:42

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 2 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 03 May 2022, 17:28 

Hi there!

I am trying to document any info I can about installation points for AC-3 modding LD players. I want to post it all online to make it freely available for posterity. A friend and I just designed a very cheap AC-3 board that will be open sourced and released for anyone who wants to build one. If there is interest, I may also do a run of these in the $20-$30 each range. Basically I found this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/255490712996 and found the price HIGHLY offensive. But that's just me, and not EXACTLY the point of this post!

So, I'm on the hunt for at the very least, service manuals for ANY player basically, then I'll dig through and try to make install guides. There is some info here and there, such as a great guide for the cld-702 (one I've followed and used to add AC-3 to my 702), and some install photos that may be useful, but not much concrete. I know there were people doing installs some years ago, so I'm certain that somewhere there are install guides or at least install points with diagrams. I want to get EVERYTHING posted (likely on consolemods.org, a new wiki we at retrorgb.com are trying to help grow and grow), any service/user manuals available, AC-3 mod install points/guides, gerbers for the PCB we designed, BOM, and general helpful tips for doing these mods.

Any info anybody has would be super useful, from "I have a pic of an installed mod" to "I have 100 install guides."

Thanks in advance!

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 13 Jul 2023, 20:51 

Hey there Laserdisc surround sound fans! I've got these boards fabbed up and ready to go!

Up for sale is my newly designed AC-3 RF modification board for LD players.

These have been professionally printed and assembled by JLCPCB.

Also included in the purchase one RCA jack with required plastic washers for mounting on the player.

I've modded players with this board successfully, and the results are very cool! There are many circuits available for this mod online, and this is the one I have personally selected as it includes the mute signal.

Note: As of yet, I do not have all install points documented for these, so those will have to be researched and sourced online. Google around!

Thanks in advance! Happy spinning.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 2 matches ]