It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 16:40

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 5 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 18 Sep 2020, 20:50 

Yeah. In LD days you knew a guy had a sub because it’s required to even hear 5.1 but for DVD they had to make mixes compatible with the crappy speakers that fit into TVs that are only 2” thick and some of that stuff gets completely confused by excessive bass. Horrible waves of nonsense coming out of those little Bluetooth pieces of bleep when the low freqs get thick.

Posted: 13 Jan 2021, 18:48 

Last week I got a copy of Home Alone 2 with seemingly identical mint marks (DADC Japan) to the one listed on the database. Are there usually multiple copies of a title with the same mint marks?
Always, not just usually. It's an ID for a specific pressing, not a specific physical disc, so what you're seeing is to be expected. If they were different, then you'd want to add them to the page after double-checking the catalogue number.

Posted: 02 Mar 2021, 21:49 

I bought from the shop here for the first time. A seemingly rot-free Starship Troopers, since there are no more on Ebay that aren't ridiculously priced. If I have a good experience I may just use this site when possible going forward, I'm getting tired of Ebay seller shenanigans.

Of the shops here... I've had nothing but great experiences with G and J Rarities and mikeystoyz. One USPS issue with a Laser Blazer shipment (out of many lol) that was promptly remedied. I would highly recommend all three.

Posted: 18 Apr 2021, 00:31 

darthmaul26 wrote:
Hunt for Red October. Rare Pioneer laser rot.

Is that the 1990 or '97 LD release?

Thanks

Posted: 03 Jul 2022, 20:07 

I've started searching for another player, as my current one (Pioneer CLD-V2400) seems to be giving up. It'll still play a number of discs just fine, but others It'll refuse to load until I've tried several times. So I'll probably be regulating it to a back-up player.

Most likely you need a new loading belt to fix your issue. Here is the one you'll need....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174686696306

Currently looking at 3 models on Ebay:
Pioneer Elite CLD-59 ($250 + $17.78 shipping)
Pioneer CLD-D504 ($250.00 + free shipping)
Pioneer CLD-3070 ($150.00 + $38.96 shipping)

Which one of those mentioned sounds like the best deal or most reliable player?

Well... first of all, none of these players will probably have a chance to show off their reliability after they get damaged during shipping. Thus, if you can find a player locally to pick-up, I would highly recommend that. Look on craiglist, Facebook Marketplace, Nextdoor, Goodwill's, etc.

But if I had a choice, it's either the CLD-59 or CLD-3070 as both have digital field memory for CLV special effects playback. Breaking it down further, the 59 is newer so it will have more modern features like an AC3-RF Output for Dolby Digital and Digital Video Processing for a better picture (if you like the more digital look to the pic; some don't like it). As for reliability, the 3070 is built like a tank so it would probably be more robust to take on more every day use.

The only minor issue with the 3070 right now is unfortunately a dry grease issue locking up many of the one's you find people selling these days (does the eBay post mention any mechanical issues?). You can fix this but you'll have to tear a good majority of the player apart to re-grease it but it is not easy (although C++ just posted a how to for the player so that will help.... https://forum.lddb.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=10389 ).

For the 59, its minor issue is fragility due to the motor holder on the laser pick-up breaking very easily. So if you buy this on-line, you most likely have to replace that part. The good news is that a 3D printed replacement is readily available on-line. You can find if here....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175047713710?hash=item28c1a823ae:g:TmoAAOSwAhFhqVOx

So there you have it. Hope this helps in your decision making. Best thing is to still try and find a player locally.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 5 matches ]