It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 13:49

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 6 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 03 Mar 2021, 22:27 

Well... if you never replaced it, probably time in that case.

Just need to figure out how to retract the tray. Once you do that, you remove the clamper to give yourself more room to get to the belt.

Posted: 03 Mar 2021, 23:29 

Yes. Remove clamper to retrieve CD.

Posted: 03 Mar 2021, 23:41 

From the pictures the laser is back too far, for the unit to open it needs to be closer to the spindle motor. Try pushing it forward or turning the motor gear on the side to move it forward and then try to open. If when you try to do anything it just runs to the back again then the micro switch on the laser pickup itself is bad or intermittent. Let us know what happens.

Posted: 17 Apr 2021, 21:20 

SCQ3.8 from Marvac (they sell on eBay too).

You can manually eject the tray by turning the pulley the belt wraps around.

Posted: 24 Apr 2021, 12:10 

SCQ3.8 from Marvac (they sell on eBay too).

You can manually eject the tray by turning the pulley the belt wraps around.
Here's a suggestion; you might wanna get a few extra ones in slightly smaller size(s); my player is also specced for SCQ3.8 but when I replaced it the problem just returned after a week or two, but after I put in a SCQ3.6 (or maybe it was 3.5? I can't remember) I haven't had any issues with it since.

Posted: 24 Apr 2021, 14:28 

I tried turning the belt/pulley each way numerous times and I was not able to get the tray out.
It takes a ton of turns. Don't force it though if it begins to become hard to turn. Start spinning other way.
Here's a suggestion; you might wanna get a few extra ones in slightly smaller size(s); my player is also specced for SCQ3.8 but when I replaced it the problem just returned after a week or two, but after I put in a SCQ3.6 (or maybe it was 3.5? I can't remember) I haven't had any issues with it since.
Interesting. I swapped from SCQ3.6 to SCQ3.8. I wish they made a SCQ3.7.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 6 matches ]