It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 08:58

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 4 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 01 Apr 2021, 04:07 

That is correct; tray is in the ejected position.

Also, all the M series players used the same mechanism. Only differences were features and board layouts.

Your photos did the trick! You can't put that gray gear onto the post with the drawer already installed because there isn't room between the tray and the post, BUT if put it on the post loosely, without engaging the teeth with the cam gear, you can install the drawer and then slide the gray gear down the post and then engage the teeth. It finally works!! Thanks again :)

Posted: 13 Apr 2021, 18:29 

Can you compare if the spindle motor on the M90 seems stiffer than the one in the M403 by spinning it with your fingers?

Ok. I think I "fixed" it. I disconnected the M90's motor from the player's PS and attached it to a separate 12v power supply. It spun slowly at first and then eventually sped up. I used a long thin metal rod with some oil on the tip it to put a few drops of oil at the motor shaft. I could smell that foul odor for a bit and then the motor started spinning quickly. I reattached it to the player's power supply and the disc played. Going to let it play for a few hours and see what happens.

BTW... as I had the unit apart, I found this tiny spring inside. Those are millimeters on that ruler. Any ideas where it goes?

Posted: 14 Apr 2021, 03:33 

Can you compare if the spindle motor on the M90 seems stiffer than the one in the M403 by spinning it with your fingers?

Ok. I think I "fixed" it. I disconnected the M90's motor from the player's PS and attached it to a separate 12v power supply. It spun slowly at first and then eventually sped up. I used a long thin metal rod with some oil on the tip it to put a few drops of oil at the motor shaft. I could smell that foul odor for a bit and then the motor started spinning quickly. I reattached it to the player's power supply and the disc played. Going to let it play for a few hours and see what happens.

BTW... as I had the unit apart, I found this tiny spring inside. Those are millimeters on that ruler. Any ideas where it goes?

That’s very resourceful of you. I’m impressed. Most of our newer members just know how to complain about stuff broken in shipping.

Presumably your lab power supply had a higher current capacity than the one in the LD player. Were you able to see the current draw?

So I gently opened the back of the motor. Lots of corrosion. I think those 3 capacitors you can barely see, leaked. I tried taking off the hub but its on there very sung. Might have to make some kind of puller. I want to replace those caps and see if I can refurnish this thing. Nothing to loose. Lol

Posted: 20 Apr 2021, 22:35 

Just an update. I got the 3 new caps installed on the motor's rotor and I put the motor back together. I put about 9v on it and it spins with no issues. I've got to get some epoxy to put at the base of the disc spindle so it won't slide down the motor's shaft and then I'll reassemble and see what happens. Lol.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 4 matches ]