It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 07:16

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 1 match

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 22 Mar 2021, 10:00 

Hello there.

I have a EU DVL-909 (originally Region 2 - PAL/NTSC on both laserdiscs and dvds).

If i select MENU+INITIAL+DISPLAY i get the following:

REGION:2
Ver: 1.210/8
AV1:3.31RAM

Unit powers on in NTSC. No PAL laserdisc playback allowed.

I guess this was modded back in the '90s to DVL-91 DTS-OUT + region free selectable + macrovision off.

So it behaves like a DVL-91 elite series NTSC player.

These were the mods info/guide:

[EDIT] https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OC0dlO-fgunt_d3PCXbw1LJdyB_4KuOv/view

Now... the player is fine, but as you may know, it lost its PAL compatibility on the laserdiscs, which I'd like to regain for a number of reasons.

Best of all, would be to finally mod the unit with a simple A/B switch in order to be able to choose to power it on as PAL DVL-909 or NTSC DVL-91 (best of both worlds).

Unfortunately i have no info on how to revert the DTS hardware mod that was performed, because the original resistors that were removed are lost and i do not know what their values were.

Only thing i know it's they were resistors R109 and R110.

Can anyone point out a guide or just supply me with the info i need to achieve my goal?

FIRMWARE MOD: i read around on the web, that there was also a possibility of updating the firmware on these LDV players in some way. I have found no info whatsoever on how to perform such firmware updates/upgrades. Would that be an easy fix or there would be a conflict between the hardware mod and the firmware?

Thanks in advance!

Long live the Laserdisc! :-)
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 1 match ]