It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 01:32

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 1 match

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 14 Apr 2021, 17:54 

Of course you're correct, I haven't technically fixed it, I've made it work.
I'm thinking given I only had to use washers that are less than 1mm (1/32") thick to make it work, that possibly the mechanism that lifts the rack containing the spindle motor and laser has moved out of adjustment slightly rather than anything being bent.
I can't imagine the turntable assembly that contacts the disc from below has slid up on the motor shaft causing too much pressure on the clamping assembly and I have checked to make sure the clamper arm bracket is perfectly straight and the clamper assembly works correctly.
Also, when the turntable raises without a disc loaded I can see it is perfectly centered in the middle of the clamp and as the disc does not wobble while it spins I think it's safe to assume the spindle motor shaft is not bent and the turntable surface is level.

I didn't post on the forum because I wanted to fix the player myself or to try and save money on having the player repaired.
The fact is, despite posting on local forums, contacting all of the electronic repair stores I could locate and even contacting Pioneer and their local dealers it has so far been impossible to find anyone who will even look at, let alone service/repair a LD player in my area.
Without exception everyone I have spoken to has presumed because of the age of the machine the fault is the result of worn or broken parts, none of which are any longer available, so it is not viable to attempt to repair it.

That's what I meant by saying I hope this helps someone who may find themselves in the same situation.
Thanks again.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 1 match ]