It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 15:48

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 2 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 05 Jun 2021, 17:07 

So I have some good news.

I decided to tackle this project yesterday and today because I cant stand unfinished business. Got the whole loading mechanism assembly out and found the nick cut right through the first trace which is the DVD carriage in position input which makes perfect sense. I got confused a little early on because the limit switch boards are labeled backwards. The inputs are correct though. I first scrapped back the plastic to expose fresh conductor and soldered a bridge running at 450F with 60/40 leaded solder which is about as low as I can go to avoid damaging the plastic. That lasted about two revolutions by hand. So I got a bigger chisel style tip so I could flat it out better, soldered it again. I then applied flux and reheated again to ensure a good joint, cleaned the area with isopropyl and then applied scotch tape over the cable at this point (probably 2 inches wide) to help distribute the force away from the solder joint. I then manually moved the rotation assembly 100 times by hand, testing continuity every so often. The tape really helps everything glide as before it would bind up ever so often. I then installed the loading mechanism back in and plugged everything in. The DVD sled was jammed because it over traveled due to lack of a input signal so I freed that. Now it switches sides perfectly and the DVD carriage no longer slams into the turn mechanism. I have watched 2 movies so far and will report if anything changes. Another option to consider is the conductive epoxy which may be a little more flexible if this was to fail again.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51226882703_4e3d99d65f_b.jpg

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 15 Nov 2021, 02:03 

I just wanted to give a update. Everything is still working like a champ and I have played roughly 50 movies since. This and my CLD-D503 get weekly action.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 2 matches ]