It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 00:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 7 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Re: LD player for ripping
Posted: 24 Jul 2021, 08:18 

Here the remote that came with my R7.
Please note the 'V-DNR 3D' Select button.
Im sure other remotes will have this.
Enters the Comb Filter menu to turn on adjust all the settings.

Now going to clean my remote 8-)

Posted: 30 Aug 2021, 17:51 

You need to eject the tray manually by turning the pulley with the belt around it.
Can you show in the picture what I have to move, please? I tried to turn the gears, but it seems it was for the laser: https://yadi.sk/i/N9iH3HZ-e7XgGw
The pulley with rubber belt around it that you labeled "I twisted it". One way raises the mech, the other ejects the tray.

Posted: 01 Sep 2021, 00:11 

jefix wrote:
I don’t see where the plastic shards came off yet.

Probably here:
Attachment:
Clip.jpg

Posted: 07 Sep 2021, 23:21 

Leave tray out for now.

White plastic piece is tray selector switch. Need to set it back to LD position.

U1 could be belt or M-Holder.

Posted: 12 Sep 2021, 20:17 

That piece looks to be the plastic that goes over the lens:
Lens.jpg

I would not try to reattach it.

Your belt looks worn in that photo. I'd order a new one, but in the meantime, take it off, wash it with water and clean the pulleys in the player with cotton swab and alcohol. If you still get U1, gently try to help the mechanism finish raising with your hand. Don't use any real force. If that does not complete loading, something is probably out of place in regards to timing or something is bent.

Posted: 20 Sep 2021, 09:27 

All working OK?
Ill pen you into the R7G membership club if so jefix :)
First Uzbekistan owner unless anyone can disagree against my books?

Posted: 28 Sep 2021, 15:07 

The problem arose in the last chapter. A segment of the video is looped. Approximately 10-20 seconds. Could it be due to a dirty disc? I also noticed that the disc is not perfectly flat, but all discs seem to be like that. I also noticed that the disc has several longitudinal scratches towards the edge. The scratches weren't deep, but maybe that could have affected?
This technology is surprisingly tough. Light fingerprints and scratches don't matter much other than maybe a split second dropout on screen. Warp is much worse. No laserdisc is perfectly flat, so the focus servo is there to keep the distance between lens and disc constant. If you lay the disc flat and there is any part not touching whatever you are laying it on, it is warped.

The issue you are describing is more likely Side B centering (especially since the unit was knocked hard enough to break Side A rail). Black screw in attached image is locking screw. White "screw" is the actual adjustment. If you have an oscilloscope: put in test mode, start Side B playback, turn tilt on, tracking off, observe tracking error waveform. Adjust until it is like a fat, even log. If no scope, disregard all of the previous sentence and trial and error where it was skipping. When done, apply some sort of locking compound ( not glue ). Cheap fingernail polish works great.

I rubbed the disc and started checking side A. Again I saw the colored stripes on the fifth chapter.
Does pressing down ever so slightly ( do not crash the lens into the disc ) on the back of the mech make them go away?

Any ideas on how to clean these soft pads? Perhaps the coasters should be removed altogether?
I wouldn't worry about it.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 7 matches ]