Search found 4 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 25 Jul 2021, 22:31 

Is this your first laserdisc player?

Posted: 26 Jul 2021, 01:16 

Where is zeta for this one.

Should I ask first :think:
Are you going to copy star wars from LD to your computer???

Don't want to bust any nuts here but this is pretty normal for what LD is.
Herringbone is crosstalk, a quick google search, yes they don't block that yet.
Google will tell you what it is.

Posted: 26 Jul 2021, 06:12 

Zeta should be here soon to advice you on this problem you are experiencing dgphillis

Posted: 26 Jul 2021, 15:53 

Regarding the graphics issues; I own a similar CLD-2950 and the on-screen graphics on that player do seem to share similar traits to what you describe with your 1950, although the PAL picture quality is generally excellent when projected onto a 90” 4:3 screen via a Sony VW500 4k projector. I also have the later CLD925 which in contrast has razor sharp pure white graphics so perhaps just the norm for the earlier less digitised models? Are you running your Panasonic with any unecessary sharpening and PQ enhancement type modes engaged at all, brightness, colour, contrast settings cranked up a bit too much? May be worth playing around with these see if any improvement can be gained whilst at the same time making a note of the original settings before you begin, good luck :thumbup:

Just a thought, and as rein-o pointed out crosstalk being a cause of the herringbone patterning is there any device or appliance situated close by the 1950 that could possibly be contributing to this or maybe something plugged in that shares the same mains spur or ring - dosen’t cost anything to pull a few plugs out of their sockets just to see if this could be part of the cause?
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 4 matches ]