It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 14:01

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 6 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 11 Mar 2024, 20:47 

Hii guys! ^^

Which is the best option among the Pioneer models: CLD-D406 , CLD-D704 and DVL-L700 in terms of image?

I'm looking for one that has a good quality (in laserdisc standards) - I'm not a very picky person with that but I wouldn't want it to be so "blurry" either :lol:

I have a collection of laser discs and a very few CDs, but I don't intend to buy DVDs. The price difference between them is small, so I'm on the fence about which one to choose...

I'd love to hear your experience!:) Which model would you recommend? :think:

Posted: 11 Mar 2024, 23:30 

None. They’re all a waste of your money that you’ll be bored with soon.

I appreciate your advice, but disagree on some points. At least from what I see, many people buy their players after many, many long years after getting to know this old universe, because they already know the risks. As is the case with me and several other interested parties... From new people, new things emerge for the laserdisc community, a good example is its preservation and digitization of discs... among other things. :think:

I appreciate your advice anyway, I will remember it when I dose how much money I could spend on this type of media! :thumbup:

Posted: 11 Mar 2024, 23:40 

In respect to what Zeta just said, he has a point.

I just noticed you are in Brazil. Do you have a local source to get these units? If not, shipping is pretty risky especially internationally but even so domestically.

LDFAN, thanks for replying to me! :D

The Brazilian laserdisc market is very curious! People imported countless players, records and we still have Brazilians who worked in the Pioneer factories that still work with the maintenance of the players here.

Many imported the records, people knew how to take very good care of them and the prices of most are very cheap because many titles were imported en masse, a good example is "Mariah Carey: MTV Unplugged +3" (I've never seen so many ads as in Brazil, it seems to be a must-have item for any collector). :D

Only one album was released in Portuguese, and it seems to have been only 01 unit sold... Extremely rare.

On the other hand, the players, like the Elite, are a little more expensive. The 3 I mentioned are fairly priced and cheap, in addition to being in great condition.

Here's a picture of our Ayrton Senna holding an LD!

Posted: 12 Mar 2024, 01:52 

Sounds like you’re good to go in that case.

Had no idea Senna was an LD guy back in the day. I collect slot cars so I’m familiar with him in that regard ;).

If the laserdic was something niche abroad, here in my country it was even more so! Only the mega rich had it and at the end of the 90s it was being even "more" imported. There were even some rental companies for this specific audience!! :!: :!:

The points against the collection is the same for everyone... A concert can be a bit expensive, as can a record player repair... But the owners of the breeders here seem to have been even more careful because we don't have the right assistance here.

Of course, it always looks like a salesman putting absurd and clueless prices... Some things don't change from country to country :wtf: :wtf:

Posted: 12 Mar 2024, 01:53 

Had no idea Senna was an LD guy back in the day.
They made one in his memory so it's appropriate.

Ayrton Senna: The History 1960-1994 (1994) [PILW-1171]

If there was a country that loved Senna more than Brazil, it was Japan. There are so many records about it! There is always some "new" laserdisc on eBay :D

Post subject: Suggested country in LDDb!
Posted: 12 Mar 2024, 15:25 

I found a few discs that were made in Brazil , with audios in Portuguese language but I don't see our region/currency between the categories when adding a disc in LDDB. There was also a Brazilian brand manufacturer of Players! I found a few for sale and they are working perfectly, I would love to add them on the website. This is very rare, I only discovered these players recently. :wtf: :wtf:

Here's my suggestion! ^^
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 6 matches ]