It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 04:06

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 11 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 25 Jul 2018, 02:08 

Thanks to Kurtis, we can more easily look up for replacement BELTS (or good contenders) with:

http://manuals.lddb.com/LD_Players/PRB_Belt_XRef-extract.pdf (I extracted only the pages relevant to LD Players)

You can lookup for part number (ex: PEB1138 ) or close matches.

Standard ref provided can be matched with Belts size list .

Good luck and don't hesitate to provide any matching combination/replacement belt size for others to use.

Julien

Post subject: Re: Best laserdisc players
Posted: 26 May 2021, 19:33 

The CLD-99 isn’t highly regarded because after using a CLD-97 it feels like a downgrade. The 99 is a flimsy deck compared to the 97, rattles, not as reliable, etc. My best deck currently is a 99 so I’m not rubbishng it, just being honest.

When it comes to LD, Sony can jump in a lake as far as I’m concerned.

Sony has little to nothing to do with Digital Sound on LD or the names Laservision or Laserdisc. That was Phillips/Pioneer, etc. I can’t think of a single Sony LD innovation but I’m sure there was one. They have a lot of patents and make a lot of chips but they were a very distant third in LD behind Pioneer and Panasonic for multiple reasons.

THX certification is totally irrelevant.

Maiden rules.

Posted: 09 Aug 2021, 19:56 

I recommend a fully working player that has been thoroughly tested, and acquiring it in way where you don't have to ship. This might sound snarky (not my intention) but as I have acquired more players I am of the belief that pretty much any working player is a good player at this point. I frequently just watch things on my CLD-2080 despite having some better players that are more finicky because it's a tank that has auto-flip. If you are in a location where shipping is basically required (might be, I have no idea about LD player availability in Brazil), I would pick the seller very carefully. You want to buy from someone that has safely shipped many LD players before.

Posted: 09 Aug 2021, 22:52 

Gypsy says what I say, totally agree.
Working is number one period.

I would also look for a good single sided player, less mechanical.
But there are no parts for these players so be careful on buying what you do due to shipping.
Yes you can get the best player ever but you could also have a door stop, I only say this due to no parts and also have you ever seen an LD playing before???
If yes OK, if no take it easy, you may not like the image, I am happy with the LD image but I've had it for so long that I know what to expect.

LD isn't like vinyl to CD.

Posted: 10 Aug 2021, 09:14 

Best player is a working laserdisc player son.
After that the best player is the back up player.
My advice to someone 'new to the world of laserdisc'

Posted: 10 Aug 2021, 22:49 

I would suggest not getting into LD at all.
While I sort of agree with this.

You have to know that zeta may have had LD as long as I have, I've had LD experience since 1989
and will always keep LD in my house but can't see doing it today.

I have said a few years ago if I didn't have LD I doubt I would keep it that long.
Since I feel I'm a diehard fan of things like anime I will keep LD but as the years go on I wonder sometimes why I keep
it around when I can get or enjoy all the films I like for free or buy on DVD for a buck at thrift stores, much cheaper than LD.

Before ebay came around the collection of LDs that my family, or more my father and myself accumulated was around
50 titles.

I think that now if I could stomach dumping some of my LDs I would tighten the collection to around 80-100 but it would never
happen and I think most in the collection should be around 200, and I would much rather spend that 10-20 on a DVD than an LD
unless its anime then I could spend if its a title I've been looking for for a long time.

Posted: 11 Aug 2021, 22:19 

If going for the "best", substance's list here is spot on: https://forum.lddb.com/viewtopic.php?p=73623#p73623

Posted: 27 Oct 2023, 21:55 

This player is very expensive for the video game aspect.

All capacitors need replacing.
This is a known issue with the 100

Posted: 11 Mar 2024, 23:51 

I agree with the others, the CLD-D704 is the best among your listed options. I am very happy with mine here in the USA.

Truly, though, no player is -bad- at all, especially regarding picture quality. The differences are far smaller than most people think (or claim), I have found.

I wish you success!

Posted: 12 Mar 2024, 00:18 

Sounds like you’re good to go in that case.

Had no idea Senna was an LD guy back in the day. I collect slot cars so I’m familiar with him in that regard ;).

Posted: 12 Mar 2024, 00:32 

ldfan wrote:
Had no idea Senna was an LD guy back in the day.

They made one in his memory so it's appropriate.

Ayrton Senna: The History 1960-1994 (1994) [PILW-1171]
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 11 matches ]