It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 00:20

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 1 match

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 28 Sep 2021, 14:05 

Hopefully you can hear what I'm talking about.
The sort of creaking noise at around 6 seconds?

Sounds like something related to tilt. Doesn't sound too alarming. Can clean and re-grease tilt cam. If sound is still there, could be related to how the mechanism tilts against the base. There are springs under it, but you can't look at them without removing it.

LD players do not ship well at all.
Yes, that's the noise. I don't mind opening it to apply some lubrication--I have some white lithium grease which I hope is suitable for this. Do you have an image of a tilt cam in a comparable player just so I know exactly what to look for?

Just wanted to update to let you know that you were spot on with your diagnosis. I opened up the player and quickly located the cam in question. It had a generous amount of grease on it but when I tested its movement I noticed that it would get stuck when rotated. I stripped it with iso and applied a slathering of fresh lithium grease, and I am happy to report that the noise has completely vanished! This player is whisper quiet now (or at least as quiet as a laserdisc player can be expected). Thanks so much for your advice! :thumbup:
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 1 match ]