It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 00:00

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 10 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 04 Feb 2023, 18:33 

Julien suggested I post this info here:
For those needing the glass front for the McIntosh MLD7020.As of 2/4/23 ..They still have them in stock.
The lower piece is AC3 ONLY….7020B
BOT- P/N 01633100 in stock for $177.70 &
TOP- P/N 01633200 is in stock for $173.70
Contact asalas at Mcintoshlabs

Posted: 19 Feb 2023, 02:48 

Mr Bahr gave me the same advice and was it was good…All I would add is if you have a ESR meter ,try checking all of the Caps...I had an EAD with a dead power board….the “starter” (1uf 100v)had trouble showing a value on the meter at all ,butt 2 others did throw higher values…a 1uf 200v had 50%+ over and a 1000uf 10v was almost 3Xs the value…replaced (3) those and that fixed the problem….…and I have near zero experience with electronics….without the help of the folks here like Mr Bahr…I wouldnt have a nice working EAD TheaterVision..
Thanks to all that give advice at lddb and Julien for providing this forum…

Posted: 11 Mar 2023, 00:52 

This is for the Crystalio 3100..should apply to the 3500-3800…
First I would like to thank Laurentm of Belguim for this Freebie…very cool of him to take the trouble….I know the 3100 isnt the best of the Crystalios for LDs, (missing the 3d/2d filter)…I can use it on my Theta CarmenII, if it doesnt help the LDs….I had an old ATX Flex PS laying around from my days building computers, so the only cost was $95 for shipping from Belguim to OK….
This was very easy to do ,thanks to the info supplied by others ..notably “sonicboom”….I used wire nuts at first to check it ,then soldered ,then shrink tubing…I didnt put an on/off switch between the Green/Black wires because I have everything running thru a surge protectors/power strips…nothing stays on forever…I cut all the excess wires and plugs off and used Hot Glue to seal the exposed wire ends that I cut …..I think the pics will speak for themselves…..Anyone having questions …post them here or PM me,.Im not an expert ,anyone can do this....just followed the destructions….
One last thing..the firmware update 2.1 is still available on the Crystalio site…I can provide it also..

Posted: 24 Mar 2023, 19:10 

This is a bit late…I had the same issue.squeal and ugly picture...If you take the cover off and get your ear close..you can hear where its coming from..it was obvious on mine….mine was a clamping issue ,coupled with a worn grip ring..the chassis was twisted…I discover this by lifting it up by the outside brace.(cld99) which stopped the squeal..didnt take much…good luck.VXM1053 is the correct #
https://manuals.lddb.com/LD_Players/Pioneer/CLD/CLD-99/CLD-99-EN-Service%20Manual.pdf

One the folks here ,that provides belts ,part etc ,said he has bushings if you wanted try rebuilding it..
Ive got 2 with problems…one day ..lol..I’ll get to them..

Post subject: Re: FBI WARNING
Posted: 24 Mar 2023, 19:22 

Thats funny….I worked in Hollywood ..40,yrs…Remember Aaron Spelling..love boat etc?…he was busted with 17 pirate (Directv)boxes at his BH mansion..at that time(mid 90s) ,I worked at Warner Bros,,.half the lot had. pirated cards…actors…producers…directors etc,.etc…a guy in facilities hit the cards and a security guard delivered…....theyre stoned../cold…Hypocrites…the lot of em”…

Posted: 14 Aug 2023, 23:16 

:wave:

Posted: 14 Aug 2023, 23:37 

:yawn:

Posted: 15 Aug 2023, 19:39 

:thumbdown:

Posted: 08 Sep 2023, 21:36 

Fixed..I want to thank Mr Bahr..he sent me in the right direction..after cleaning and reseating all the connections I still had nothing..butt..I noticed the ribbon cable from the flipping mech to the board had a sharp crease in it…It looked odd..so I broke out the microscope and saw one of the wires was broken…watching it work ,it was connecting/disconnecting as the mech moved..which I think caused the distorted ,grainy picture,no pictture output...Replaced the ribbon cable and voila…shes good…ah my sweet Frankenstein 99..lil Frankie….Ive got 2 now…I never sell anything..Im considering selling this one…If anyones interested ..PM me ..Remember its a Frankenstein…cld 503 & 99 parts ,boards are 99..now..and built bya …calling me a neophyte ,is being kind..lol back to the..egad… EAD..
Thanks again for everyone's help

Posted: 23 Nov 2023, 22:12 

.Typical rein-o..has an opinion on everything ..nothing positive or useful to add..you are banished from my world

When I get Bored with LDs and Players/Transports?…when do you think that will happen?..you wanna make me an offer?
18 working players .2 with minor issues ,plus 2 Im close to fixing ,1 thats dead for good(the 7020)
And 2600 LDs ..its a new shelf unit I built and is a work in progress
See Pics
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 10 matches ]