It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 21:58

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 4 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 26 Sep 2021, 16:40 

I can't help with someone doing repair in your area but, heads up, the CLD-D504 isn't an LD/DVD combo player. LD/DVD combo players will have a model number starting with "DVL", while LD/CD players will have a model starting with "CLD".

Have you tested with a CD instead of a DVD?

Otherwise, the LD tray not opening is likely as simple as a belt.

Posted: 28 Sep 2021, 16:32 

Thanks for the correction. Based on your suggestion I did try loading a CD, but the result was the same. The tray closes, the clamp shuts on the disc, but the disc does not spin and a mechanical whine is heard. Then the CD is ejected.

That sounds like a bad optical block or out of focus maybe?

At least we have both User and Service manuals for this device:

https://manuals.lddb.com/LD_Players/Pioneer/CLD/CLD-D504/

Julien

Posted: 28 Sep 2021, 18:20 

Have you tried replacing the load belt?

With the player open, try locating the front loading mechanism pulley. While it's trying to load a disc, reach under the tray and give it a little nudge in whichever direction it gives (anyone remember the direction?); if that helps the player finish the loading procedure, the belt is your most likely culprit. I had the same symptom myself but mine would still play CDs so it's possible yours is even more loose than mine was.

Posted: 29 Sep 2021, 00:34 

meant2bkept wrote:
The tray closes, the clamp shuts on the disc, but the disc does not spin and a mechanical whine is heard.

I can't tell if it is a broken M-Holder or loading isn't completing. Sounds like the former. Any error codes displayed on front of unit? Something like U1 or E3?
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 4 matches ]