It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 17:10

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 3 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Re: AC-3 RF specification?
Posted: 02 Dec 2021, 16:36 

Well, there aren't any specs, but I spent some time the last couple of weeks to figure out how it works: https://bitbucket.org/staffanulfberg/ldaudio/src/master/

I basically sampled the signals going into and out from my AC3RF decoder and wrote code to demodulate the bits going in, and also to decode the spdif stream going out. It took some crunching to figure out how it all fits together but it's not a mystery anymore:)

Posted: 04 Jan 2022, 21:18 

Hi There, welcome to the forums! That Sony CRT projector sounds like a bit of a beast, and as old as it is I’m betting its still capable of giving any of the modern stuff a good run if in good order and correctly calibrated, I also cut my Home Cinema teeth on CRT PJs (after of course moving on from TVs) and have fond memories. Btw, I can imagine that industrial model Pioneer will be the weak link regarding the noisy images and surely it also doesn’t support digital audio? If you could get hold of at least a mid range Pioneer player from the mid 90s in good working order there should be a significant drop in the chroma noise you are currently experiencing,

Cheers :thumbup:

Posted: 07 Jan 2022, 07:35 

Welcome!

Pioneer LD-V2200 is a workhorse.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 3 matches ]